• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bthomp9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    tipton
    Currently I carry a Kahr PM9 and have for the last 5 or 6 years. I like the gun and am accurate with it. I tried replacing it with a Glock 43, but my groups were half the size with the Kahr 3 inches vs 6 at 12 yards. I am considering two options. Adding a back up gun a sig p238. I also am considering going to a sig p320. I would have 13 rounds of 9mm instead of 8 in 9mm and 7 in 380. I looked at the stealth gear revolution holster for the sig 320. They just launched it for that gun today. It seems like a quality holster and will be comfortable with the ventilation. I carry the Kahr sometimes in a pocket and sometimes in a IWB Alien Gear. Anyone have experiences or thoughts on the better option.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Are you looking for IWB or AIWB? What's you build? How do you dress?

Trying to get some ideas of your situation before making any suggestions...

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    I've carried several mouse guns AIWB and really am pleased with this method. As I've gotten more
    rotund I've noticed greater difficulty with others this location. I've settled most recently on a J-frame as my carry gun of choice. The greatest limitation is getting more bullets in the gun. I've never owned a kahr nor have I shot one. I feel quite capable with my XDS or shield but they aren't quite as easy to CCW

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    A couple of comments:

1) I love the Stealthgear holsters. I have a couple of the Stealthgear Onyx holsters that are the most comfortable IWB holsters I have ever worn (breathable).

2) You mention the Sig P238, but I would recommend going up a step to its bigger brother, the P938, which is the same overall size (approximately), but shoots 9mm bullets rather than .380. I carry that gun every day and swear by it. I have the 7-round extended mags, so if you push it, you can get 7 + 1.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Silly question perhaps but - what are you trying to "accomplish" or what is the point of the change?
    Reason I ask - The Glock 43 is (to me) a lateral move - same # rounds of same ammo; but slightly bigger gun.
    You shoot the Kahr quite well; better than the Glock; I see no point is switching that.

The P320 is a bigger double stack (similar to a Glock 26 or M&P-9C) and the other sig (P238) is similar in size to your Kahr (or smaller more like a CW/P 380 Kahr Perhaps).

I mean "More guns" is always right - but what are the roles? and no reason is really needed; just trying to understand if/what you're going for.

bthomp9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    tipton
    So to answer some questions. I am 6'2" 225. I dress business casual at best. Work from home. Had my garage broken into a few months ago. I want to carry IWB, I am happy carrying at 4 oclock. The Kahr I pocket carry in a remora holster. The sig 238 is to make sure I always have a gun on me. It is small, lightweight and as acurrate as a small pistol can be. I can hit center mass out to 15 yards reliably. So the thought is I want to carry more rounds and get a gun that I am more accurate with. For home defense I have a FNX 45. Love that gun. I am pretty accurate with it out to 25 yards. I bought a sig p320 and just sent it out for a trigger job. with the subcompact i have 12+1, I will carry an extra 15 round mag with adaptor and the 238. I also got a full size grip module and barrel. This way I am shooting the same improved trigger in multiple platforms. for the roles on lower risk situations the 238 is always on. For extended trips, higher risk situations the 320 comes along. I hope to carry the 320 all the time, not sure how that will go due to the size and weight. I have a glock 34 with compensator to shoot competition (if I ever do 3 Gun) I also teach classes and have a few others to have on hand for that. Your input is appreciated.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Solid variety! I'd suggest moving away from carrying any 380 & have 9mm as your smallest acceptable protection caliber. Not sure what you have as a belt (suggest www.daltechforce.com Super-Bio Belt) or if you've considered AIWB (mainly because of your implied build) as something for your BUG (Sig 938) with your primary @ 4 & spare on support side?

Top Bottom