• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brian.derby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Ok, so I did a quick search to no avail, so hopefully this won't be a repost. I have heard through a friend that it is illegal to have a round chambered while in your vehicle and it is in motion. Pointers? I have a LTCH and have not been asked if a round is chambered let alone been asked for my permit while in conversation with LE.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Ok, so I did a quick search to no avail, so hopefully this won't be a repost. I have heard through a friend that it is illegal to have a round chambered while in your vehicle and it is in motion. Pointers? I have a LTCH and have not been asked if a round is chambered let alone been asked for my permit while in conversation with LE.
    You have been lied to. No such laws exist in Indiana.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Not judging anyone here but where do people come up with this stuff!!!:dunno:

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I heard somewhere at a gun show that lifetime permits were going away.......

hehhe

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Maybe they are just concerned that your car will explode, along with your gun, if it has one of those un-commanded firings? :n00b:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    OP, I'm sure you've gotten the picture by now; but in case you want 100 of the same response before you're comfortable with the answer, here's number 8.

EDIT: On second thought, depending on how pedantic your friend wishes to get, I suppose you could make the case that he is correct...sorta.

It is illegal in Indiana for someone to possess a handgun, in their vehicle, without an LTCH (which is the mitigating circumstance), unless one is engaged in some specific activity (like traveling to a range, or a gunsmith, or to a facility that will be transporting your gun to a gunsmith; or to your new domicile if you have just moved, or with permission of the owner of private property, etc. See IC 35-47-2-1 for specifics) and in some of the specific instances it is required that the gun be unloaded while being transported (again, if you have an LTCH you are exempted from this "unloaded" requirement) - so you may have to get out your debate skills to argue the point completely.

Last edited:

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka

:rofl::laugh6::lmfao::laugh:

Oh wait, your serious! See the previous 8 postings!

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Not judging anyone here but where do people come up with this stuff!!!:dunno:

Crazy aint it!! Guy at work told me you have to retreat to the furthest point in ur home before you can defend urself, Just in Tipton!!

You know the thing that scares me more than some stupid "idea" they come out of the blue with and share that they think is legal/illegalwithout learning themselves is these same people vote and breed!

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    You know the thing that scares me more than some stupid "idea" they come out of the blue with and share that they think is legal/illegalwithout learning themselves is these same people vote and breed!

Yup! It gets real scarry when you factor this in.

Top Bottom