• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A1Paracord

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    So, I will be traveling to MO thru KY early next week. Being 19, I'm pretty sure I can't carry in KY (need to be 21) but I can't find anything about MO. There is nothing I can find that says you have to be 21 to carry in MO with an out of state permit.

Any input/advise/laws? I've been reading Handgun Law and the state laws but can't seem to come to any solid conclusions.

Thanks!

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Missouri issues them at 19, 18 if in the military so I would guess that 19 is good to go. Maybe 18. Handgunlaw.us doesn't list any age minimum for out of state license holders.
    ETA KY allows open carry at 18, including in a car so.......

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    KY accepts the IN license. So if youre 18 in IN, and have your LTCH, you can carry OC or CC in KY. I do it every day. I've even called the sheriff to check, and he said I am good to go because I have my IN license.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    KY accepts the IN license. So if youre 18 in IN, and have your LTCH, you can carry OC or CC in KY. I do it every day. I've even called the sheriff to check, and he said I am good to go because I have my IN license.

Handgunlaw.us states 21 and over but I can't find anything in the KY code for it. :dunno: The KY state police website doesn't mention it either.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    Handgunlaw.us states 21 and over but I can't find anything in the KY code for it. :dunno: The KY state police website doesn't mention it either.

To get a CCD in KY, you have to be 21. To OC, you have to be 18. Since they accept the IN LTCH, this means an Indiana resident who is at least 18 and has a LTCH can CC or OC in KY. The KY code is vague, which is why I called the police department and got an answer directly from them.

outnumbered

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Great people meaning well offering advice...but...just spend a few minutes, call the state police in state you have questions about and ask them. I've called before trips on many occasions just to make sure I was aware of any nuances of law that could bite me in the a$$...and asked for and wrote down the name of the trooper I was speaking to. Every time I was treated like a law abiding citizen and I was even thanked a couple of times for making the effort to call.

Top Bottom