• ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I like the 10 round limit. :shady:

Easy to enforce, no one has to know a lot about the various guns, less equipment race.
    "Fill 'em up" was finally abandoned by IPSC due to the equipment race that ensued. 15 rounds is ok, but it's hard to tell a guy w. A G26 or similar he can actually be competitive...

if equipment races and lots of ammo in the gun is your thing, there are a couple divisions for that....

-rvb

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    If you are someone looking at the new Carry Optics Division but are just not sure about plopping that kind of money down on an experiment. I have a solution for you. I know a place that hosts indoor USPSA matches and rents guns that has a Smith and Wesson CORE in 9mm on the rental wall. Sitting on top of that gun is a Trijicon RMR optic. It is available for rent.

The
    second RMR optic that we have had has crapped out. We had had two different optics in the store on this gun and neither of them made it past the first day. And in neither case was the gun shot much at all. So we are not going to be replacing the optic with a Trijicon. When we have something back up and running I will let you know.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    The
    second RMR optic that we have had has crapped out. We had had two different optics in the store on this gun and neither of them made it past the first day. And in neither case was the gun shot much at all. So we are not going to be replacing the optic with a Trijicon. When we have something back up and running I will let you know.

What was the issue with the RMR? There is a common issue which occurs after recoil in which the red dot would get dimmer and dimmer until the point in which it just turned off. You would then have to smack the RMR a few times before it would be able to turn back on. Just wondering if this is the same issue.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    What was the issue with the RMR? There is a common issue which occurs after recoil in which the red dot would get dimmer and dimmer until the point in which it just turned off. You would then have to smack the RMR a few times before it would be able to turn back on. Just wondering if this is the same issue.

This is one reason I haven't bought a second RMR. Mine has been so dang reliable I am afraid if I get another one I will be disappointed in comparison. Mine is I think about 6 years old with tens of thousands of rounds through it, and bumped around with daily carry and I have not had one problem. Then I hear stories like Coaches. (Not the first time I have heard that)

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville

Yep.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Send it to warranty, I'm sure trijicon will stand behind their product. If not, the on to the next optic.

two
    chances is all they are getting. This problem happens less than one percent of the time they say. We have had it with two different optics in a row.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    two
    chances is all they are getting. This problem happens less than one percent of the time they say. We have had it with two different optics in a row.

i have the same issue with my rmr on my CORE. I haven't sent it in yet, but it has to be way more than 1%, just read through the reviews on Amazon, and there are tons of report instances

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    i have the same issue with my rmr on my CORE. I haven't sent it in yet, but it has to be way more than 1%, just read through the reviews on Amazon, and there are tons of report instances

I agree. I was hoping the bugs were worked out on them. I guess that was wishful thinking.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I have sent two in for repairs and one twice. but it seems like they got it right the second time around on this one. I have had it on my core for a while now and has been flawless so far....I probably should not have said that.
    They cost to much not to make Trijicon fix them

Top Bottom