• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KGreenwell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Guilford
    I heard there is a class/course given in Indianapolis that you can take for a carry permit that will allow you to carry in additional states including Ohio. I belive it is for a western state. Has anybody taken this course or have any contact information? Thanks for any information. I won't be able to check responses until tonight.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    It is the Utah permit/license (can't remember what their official name is). I haven't taken the class but i know they had them at 38th and 465 on the west side, at a hotel. I believe a resident Indiana and a non-resident Utah gives you the greatest number of states.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    They offer the class @ gander mountain in castleton as well, just check the board in the entry for a
    time and date.
    Welcome to the forum

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Welcome to INGO! :ingo:I have the Utah concealed firearm permit, and yes, the list of carry states with this permit includes Ohio.
    I watched the postings on INGO for some time before making a decision about which class to take. But yes, this class was held at a comfortable hotel meeting room just off of 465. Informative and hassle free...even got the fingerprinting done at the class.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Any of the NRA Pistol classes qualifies you for a Florida license. Just have to request the form from them, collect the requested stuff, get fingerprinted at your local LEO, and send it in.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I took the class for the Utah permit from Jim Floyd at Dignitary Protection Group - based in Terre Haute. Jim typically holds his Indy classes at the Jameson Inn at 38th & 465 on the NW side - as the poster above referenced.

As an instructor myself, I can say that Jim is an EXCELLENT teacher and I've really enjoyed taking classes with him. (I also took his edged weapons class.)

DPG's web site is: Dignitary Protection Group, LLC | Executive Protection | Protective Services | Bodyguard | Threat Assessment | Investigations | Protective Intelligence | Security Consulting | Training

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I will have to look into this. How long is the Utah Non-Resident Permit good for?

Good for 5 years and only $10 to renew. I have had my UT non resident permit for a year now. Took my class by Jim Floyd through DPG. Unfortunatly Jim is no longer doing the UT class, but there are other classes out there.

Top Bottom