• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    Went to have my computer worked on yesterday and while I was waiting noticed another young gentleman waiting and he had an odd looking leather protuberance coming from under his shirt. :D He eventually sat down and I realized he was carrying a 1911 just like I was. (I think it was fate;)) So i walked up and calmly asked, "Whatcha carryin'" He immidiately looked a little flustered and check to see if his shirt was still covering the gun and stammered "Nothing." I smiled and explained I was carrying 'nothing' too, and that my nothing was a kimber, he smiled and said his was a rock island and that he didn't always CC (more like half cc half oc) because he didn't have to in Indiana. His name was called to the service desk before or convo went any further.

What I really found interesting was that I saw two apple store employees notice his firearm before I spoke to him and neither did anything. On my way out however I did notice an older man pointing at my fellow carrier and scowling at me while talking to his wife. (My t-shirt wasn't doing an expert job of hiding my gun either) Overall I was floored that of all places The Apple Store was a semi friendly environment to firearms. I have no clue how OC would fly (it is in a Simon mall, not re-hashing that thread) but nice to know that in a place known for liberals and "hipsters" two of our kind didn't get hassled.

And if you're out there buddy, give me a shout!

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    Ha for some reason when I started reading this it felt like you were telling the story of how you and your partner met. So it was really funny but glad you were able to carry and not be hassled.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Great story! I have always assumed that OCing in the Apple store would result in lots of baaa-ing, running and screaming. (even without being in a Simon mall :) )

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    I've OC'd in that store before. They had a Brownsburg LEO in uniform that said hi to me, noticed the pistol and never said another word. a fe employees noticed, but not sure many customers did.

+1 to them for having no quarrels with this. (btw, I've never seen simon cops while OCing in that mall)

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    anyone ever OC in Tiffany's?
    Not that I've seen, but I guarantee if you were to walk next door to Tommy Bahama with an OC'd pistol, you'd be more than welcome. :D

ETA: I take that back. I've seen our money courier go in, and I know he open carries.

Last edited:

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    :+1: Add another tally to those who have semi-OC'd and not had any problems in the Keystone Apple Store. It would've been full OC but the crazy chick I was with was freaking out enough that I was even *gasp!* carrying a GUN! .....she was from Chicago. It did not last long. Anyway, to appease her, I pulled my T-shirt kinda over my, as interesting as this is, 1911 and it helped cover it some.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    i bought my I phones at that store, the first time I was in my military uniform and was CCing my Glock. Ran into a 1SGT who was getting a phone as well. He of course was not armed but then where he works he can't take one. I don't remember why I was in uniform.

I had to go in a couple of weeks later to get another phone and I was in regular cloths and was OCing and when I walked into the mall I put my shirt over my weapon. Didn't want to freak people out, still got looks in the parking lot though, then in the store it wasn't really concealed and not a problem.

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    Went back to pick up the laptop today, pistol was more exposed than previous visit and no issues. The guy who retrieved my laptop from the back did ask what INGO was (he saw the sticker on my computer) and I told him, he quickly broke eye contact and and mumble something and proceeded to ring up my service order. I can happily say that this is the first time I've browsed INGO from this laptop since June and that terrible wall-locker accident...

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    FYI: The Fashion Mall at Keystone is a Simon property and they are highly anti-carry (OC or otherwise). Just sayin'.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I carry everytime I go there. Met another INGOer who worked there, as well (not Hiram2005). I won't 'out them' here, I'll let them if they choose.

I carry everywhere its legal (& a few it ain't). The only sign that I pay attn to is ".... school".

garlic_b

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Bloomington
    I'm a liberal, I love Apple and I love guns. I'm more agnostic about my pistol choices than I am with my computer choices. Apple always, Glock usually, but 1911's and XD's are all good as well.

+1 for apple.

PS. I also love pumpkin pie.

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    I'm a liberal, I love Apple and I love guns. I'm more agnostic about my pistol choices than I am with my computer choices. Apple always, Glock usually, but 1911's and XD's are all good as well.

+1 for apple.

PS. I also love pumpkin pie.

You looking for a date or something? I like acoustic guitar music and sunsets on the beach :cool:

Top Bottom