• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    so my wife is starting to come around to the idea of carrying, especially since I bought her a nice Sig P238. One question she asked me was how to carry if she were out jogging. I was thinking a belly band might work, but am not sure with the movement how well it would hold up.

any ideas?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Concealed carry fanny pack.

They are now obvious to folks who carry, but would be plausible for a woman jogging (they do look out of place for a man while not jogging, but better safe than not, regardless of what someone may think). I still have a couple of these that Bianchi made and were really well put together. I don't think Bianchi makes them any more, but several other companies do.

I still use mine for carrying in a console of a vehicle or to slip into another bag to be able to easily have it close at hand but not obvious.

casselmb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    more-concealed fanny pack?

I've been looking around for ideas on this as well. I never really liked the fanny pack idea. I feel like I would end up leaving it at home more often than carrying.

However, I found one that's meant to be more low-profile. I'm not advocating for these because I've never tried one myself, but I thought I'd throw this out there. It's along the same lines as a fanny pack, except it is less noticeable and can be concealed under a loose shirt or jacket. Again, I don't know how well these work, but it's something to consider.

Home Page

ARdysfunction

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Indy West Side
    I used to do a lot of distance running (usually in the 10-20mi range).
    I always carry Fox Labs Pepper Spray. Saved my butt from a Rottweiler and various other dog attacks over the years. Should work decent on an unarmed person as well.
    There are advantages to firearms... but OC is light and easy to deploy.

I would like to know if somone has a good way to carry a pistol that won't chafe a hole in my side on a long run in the heat.

Merrixs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    North West

JB75

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    fort wayne
    I've seen jogging holsters online that are a vest of sorts that the gun sits in a velcro pouch on the chest. Now some are obvious holsters but i've have seen some that look like reflective vests. There are alot of different jogging holsters out there online the water proof chest carry is good for comfort as well as keeping sweat off your pistol, at least for me.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    hell yea... if your a dude you might have trouble jogging with this holster, but you can always move it off to the side if wearing gym shorts like I do(wear gym shorts, not jog, HA)

rphutchi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    How well does smart carry hold up to sweat etc.. Looks as though it would launder ok. How big of a handgun can you jog w/ comfortably?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Re SmartCarry:
    the holster must be directly in front of your private parts
    Also this:
    The strapping must be around your hips, not your waist
    I can't imagine something tightly wrapped around your hips is going to stay in place during a run. Seems unlikely at best.

I would go with a belly band.

Or this, if I were a [STRIKE]chick[/STRIKE] lady:
    opplanet-undertech-concealment-shorts-women.jpg

Tactical-Store.com blog: For the latest in Concealed Carry Apparel, Use Undertech Undercover: Advice on Riflescopes, Tactical Flashlights, Prism Binoculars, Night Vision, Safety Goggles, & more!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom