Carry while picking someone up at the airport.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drake.45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Does anyone know the legality of this, I tried searching and came up with nothing and looked for the IC that discusses this and all I found was you can't carry beyond security. Is the rest of the airport not restricted?

Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)
    As long as you don't try to go beyond security you're fine. You can even walk around baggage claim but as always prudence is key. If you're concealing nobody will ever know.

EDIT: just to be clear we're talking airports in IN.
    -Dobber

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    carry is legal til the security checkpoints. baggage claim, car rental stuff, anything outside of the security zone is good per indiana code. it lays it out pretty clear in black and white.

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Has anyone been daring enough to OC into the baggage claim? Maybe we should have an OC event to the Mcdonalds in the waiting area? I've carried to pick people up, but I definitely made sure to cover up.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Why start trouble? Yes you can CC or OC at IND however, walking around OC just cause you can, can and will get you attention. Ever heard of Active Shooter situations, there are alot of places you will call attention to yourself however legal OC is. Fact of life. IND is a nice airport in a good part of town, CC for everyone's peace of mind.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    As I stated in the other thread, I open carried six times in the last two weeks. Including baggage claim and the chopsticks dining area.
    walked right by a drug or bomb sniffer and his handler, and other security and employees.
    As far as I know no one noticed except one guy sitting near the spot we were waiting for my daughter. He pointed it out to his wife.

Last edited:

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Why start trouble? Yes you can CC or OC at IND however, walking around OC just cause you can, can and will get you attention. Ever heard of Active Shooter situations, there are alot of places you will call attention to yourself however legal OC is. Fact of life. IND is a nice airport in a good part of town, CC for everyone's peace of mind.

Wow. I'm all for not being one of those morons that tries to start trouble, but that attitude of not exercising a right just so you don't make waves or make someone uncomfortable is how you LOSE that right. Good part of town or not, i'll carry however I damn well please. Also, what does an active shooter situation have to do with anything?

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I've carried into baggage claim to pick up someone before. Just don't do the obvious, like try to go past security check points... or board a plane. They even spell that one out for you on your LTCH;)

threedhuntr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Howard county
    As long as you don't try to go beyond security you're fine. You can even walk around baggage claim but as always prudence is key. If you're concealing nobody will ever know.

EDIT: just to be clear we're talking airports in IN.
    -Dobber

This is what I take from this IC also, just confused as to why it is posted on every entrance that it is illegal to possess a weapon on airport property and violators will be prosecuted. Has the little red circle/slash with knife and gun. :dunno:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Yes and you can dress as you please and get married to your buddy in several states, but by excercising your rights, you run the risk of upsetting others around you creating a problem, its not just about you. You can go into a theater, but its not advisable to yell FIRE. So come on down, strap your Bryco in a shoulder holster, wander the Airport cause you can. You will exercise your 2nsd ammendment right, and draw unwanted attention to yourself.

Feel better?

threedhuntr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Howard county
    Yes and you can dress as you please and get married to your buddy in several states, but by excercising your rights, you run the risk of upsetting others around you creating a problem, its not just about you. You can go into a theater, but its not advisable to yell FIRE. So come on down, strap your Bryco in a shoulder holster, wander the Airport cause you can. You will exercise your 2nsd ammendment right, and draw unwanted attention to yourself.

Feel better?

Agreed. I oc and cc .... but dont think an airport will be somewhere I oc.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

Feel better?

People who are upset that others have rights really aren't my problem. I'm not scared of attention, either.

I'd feel better if you carried (or didn't) as you choose and respect that others might choose differently than you.

To claim that doing otherwise is "creating a problem" rather than simply exposing a problem in others is ridiculous.

Top Bottom