• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    As for concealed carry, you've got to be kidding.
    Good luck finding a holster that can make carrying that big can screwed onto the muzzle comfortable, much less concealable.
    On top of that, suppressors greatly affect pointability and your sight picture.
    I just don't see the logic of them for even home defense.
    You want your gun as quick and easy to deploy as possible, not with some unwieldy can to get in the way or act as a handle for the bad guy to wrench the gun out of your hand.
    The muzzle blast indoors will be the least of your worries, given that the bad guy should be your major cause for concern.
    Finally, while a properly registered suppressor may be fully legal, you can bet an overzealous prosecutor or the bad guy's attorney would do their best to make hay out of that little gadget.
    Why deal with all those issues?
    Sorry, I just don't get the idea at all.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    As for concealed carry, you've got to be kidding.
    Good luck finding a holster that can make carrying that big can screwed onto the muzzle comfortable, much less concealable.
    On top of that, suppressors greatly affect pointability and your sight picture.
    I just don't see the logic of them for even home defense.
    You want your gun as quick and easy to deploy as possible, not with some unwieldy can to get in the way or act as a handle for the bad guy to wrench the gun out of your hand.
    The muzzle blast indoors will be the least of your worries, given that the bad guy should be your major cause for concern.
    Finally, while a properly registered suppressor may be fully legal, you can bet an overzealous prosecutor or the bad guy's attorney would do their best to make hay out of that little gadget.
    Why deal with all those issues?
    Sorry, I just don't get the idea at all.

Now that is funny right there, coming from the individual that doesn't follow his/her own advice.

Rossko85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2014
    Brownsburg
    Interesting take on this...I keep the can on the sbr next to the bed at night...for rifle it's good to go..for a suppressor on a handgun, going to agree with others that not real practical for carry.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2014
    Ft Wayne
    Just a thought but a shoulder holster would be feasible for a shorter suppressor lol. Seriously though suppressors are controlled because they have a bad image as a killing device so it would probably kill you in court.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Just a thought but a shoulder holster would be feasible for a shorter suppressor lol. Seriously though suppressors are controlled because they have a bad image as a killing device so it would probably kill you in court.

Seriously, though, no. They're not controlled because they have a bad image as a killing device.

They're controlled the way they are as a means of controlling the 'po folks as they attempted to take game, much more quietly, in order to put food on their late-depression-era tables. In season - out of season - it doesn't much matter when there's a real possibility of starving.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County

Actually suppressors are controlled because of the fear of poaching.

Hollywood hadn't ruined the image of suppressors yet in 1934.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2014
    Ft Wayne
    I really doubt with all the issues with public media emphasizing shootings that poaching now continues to be much more then an issue when you discuss suppressors with law makers. Maybe im wrong, but just because it was a reason before doesnt mean that it has the same weight it used to.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    And btw, the Thompson Machine Poseidon is an excellent choice for carrying on a EDC if you so choose. We have several customers that do just that and several LE & Govt customers that carrying them on a belt for easy installation if needed.

Especially those LE customers worried about entities into possible flammable situations like Meth labs.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    The Poseidon is great, would love to have one.

As a practical matter for carry, JMO but even with a Poseidon on, say a Glock 19, we're looking at a firearm system roughly 12" long. Even presuming a custom shoulder rig is made, that's a l-o-n-g handgun to carry as an EDC. If I'm carrying a firearm that long, I'd probably want something with a more 'potent' round than a 9mm, like a .223.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Seriously, though, no. They're not controlled because they have a bad image as a killing device.

They're controlled the way they are as a means of controlling the 'po folks as they attempted to take game, much more quietly, in order to put food on their late-depression-era tables. In season - out of season - it doesn't much matter when there's a real possibility of starving.

The reason suppressors are still illegal in Minnesota is "poaching".They may be legal in Indiana,but be aware they are not legal everywhere federal stamp or not.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    The reason suppressors are still illegal in Minnesota is "poaching".They may be legal in Indiana,but be aware they are not legal everywhere federal stamp or not.

Looks like they opened it up for hunting in Indiana. Every state has its own laws. Last I remember it was legal to own a suppressor in the state of Washington. But you could not use it.

Top Bottom