• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dragun762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    with indiana law you can carry on private property without a permit. So i went to all my neighbors on my block and got written permission to carry on their property. then i went to my local stores that i frequent and got written permission. now all i have to do is put my gun in a locked case when on public property(roads and such) and i can legally carry almost everywhere i go with no ltch.
    ( this has been tested at my local quickmart. i was oc at the pump when an officer asked if i had a permit. i said no and proceded to show him my "permission slip" and though he really disliked it he couldnt say s**t. then he waited till i left(i secured gun in trunk locked unloaded) then he followed me to my home where once on private property i loaded and strapped the gun to my side. and proceeded to walk up and down the sidewalk on my block. when he again stopped me i pulled out " my other permission slips from all the homeowners" boy was he pissed. score 1 for 2a.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    with indiana law you can carry on private property without a permit. So i went to all my neighbors on my block and got written permission to carry on their property. then i went to my local stores that i frequent and got written permission. now all i have to do is put my gun in a locked case when on public property(roads and such) and i can legally carry almost everywhere i go with no ltch.
    ( this has been tested at my local quickmart. i was oc at the pump when an officer asked if i had a permit. i said no and proceded to show him my "permission slip" and though he really disliked it he couldnt say s**t. then he waited till i left(i secured gun in trunk locked unloaded) then he followed me to my home where once on private property i loaded and strapped the gun to my side. and proceeded to walk up and down the sidewalk on my block. when he again stopped me i pulled out " my other permission slips from all the homeowners" boy was he pissed. score 1 for 2a.

Rep'd just for having the stones to obtain those slips from everyone...

dragun762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Sidewalk is not private property is it?

Yes sidewalk is private property but the city or county has an easment so you are responsible for maitinence but you cannot do anything with it.( you are responsible for fixing sidewalks and you pay the taxes).

coban

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    SW Indiana
    That seems like a great plan and I personaly feel the constitution should be the only permit needed. But what do you do if you want to travel out of the area where you live?

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    If this is real... you need to audio record your interactions.

That said, you are either unlucky or you're doing something to attract attention. I've OC'd for well over a year everywhere I go and not once have I had an interaction with a law enforcement officer although I've seen plenty of them and plenty of them have seen me.

dragun762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    That seems like a great plan and I personaly feel the constitution should be the only permit needed. But what do you do if you want to travel out of the area where you live?

I rarely do. but i printed out a bunch of "permission slips" that i keep in my car. if they wont sighn i leave my gun in the car. and if i go out of state i leAve it at home. then i take some mace and a telescoping baton.

dragun762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    If this is real... you need to audio record your interactions.

That said, you are either unlucky or you're doing something to attract attention. I've OC'd for well over a year everywhere I go and not once have I had an interaction with a law enforcement officer although I've seen plenty of them and plenty of them have seen me.

I live in a not so good "hood" and the cops around here always have something to prove. plus i carry in a dropleg holster.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    City fixed our side walks. They are the actual property line and the ground they are on plus the grass to the street is city property. We have to cut the grass but the city does the sidewalk maintenance. We have had confrontations with a few "X" neighbors and they are on public property if they stay on the sidewalk......ask me how I know.
    You need to re-asses what you think is fact. If LEO catches you on the sidewalk you are toast.

dragun762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    City fixed our side walks. They are the actual property line and the ground they are on plus the grass to the street is city property. We have to cut the grass but the city does the sidewalk maintenance. We have had confrontations with a few "X" neighbors and they are on public property if they stay on the sidewalk......ask me how I know.
    You need to re-asses what you think is fact. If LEO catches you on the sidewalk you are toast.

Maybe your city fixes your sidewalk but that is not the case here.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I must be really lazy cause I'm not gonna go through the hassles of unloading and locking it up all the time. My gun goes on when my pants go on. I feel naked without my sidearm. I feel that I am a much nicer person while carrying. I try extra hard to not have any issues.

coban

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    SW Indiana
    The only real problem I would have with doing it this way would be in the event of a car jacking and the gun being unloaded in a case. But I'm not in any better situation because my employer won't allow guns on their property. So I just have to hope that if I ever need a gin it won't happen on my way to or from work.

Top Bottom