• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    with indiana law you can carry on private property without a permit. So i went to all my neighbors on my block and got written permission to carry on their property. then i went to my local stores that i frequent and got written permission. now all i have to do is put my gun in a locked case when on public property(roads and such) and i can legally carry almost everywhere i go with no ltch.
    ( this has been tested at my local quickmart. i was oc at the pump when an officer asked if i had a permit. i said no and proceded to show him my "permission slip" and though he really disliked it he couldnt say s**t. then he waited till i left(i secured gun in trunk locked unloaded) then he followed me to my home where once on private property i loaded and strapped the gun to my side. and proceeded to walk up and down the sidewalk on my block. when he again stopped me i pulled out " my other permission slips from all the homeowners" boy was he pissed. score 1 for 2a.
    It's best to protect what non licensed freedoms there are that exist within these firearm guidelines than it is to instigate a situation that could result in tougher laws. Apply for a license.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Who are you talking to?

I am talking to the entire forum. I am disillusioned that this ridiculous pretext was accepted as real by people whom I considered to be fairly intelligent.

TF.... I see the sentence that you have highlighted. Yes, I had you in mind as the OC freedom fighter. You ACTUALLY have skin in the game. I might have exaggerated a little but I claim literary license on this since I didn't use your actual name or finger you personally as the guy. I am sorry if the allegation that that you might be a bit militant is offensive. -
    mil·i·tant

[mil-i-tuh
    thinsp.png
    thinsp.png
    nt]
    adjective 1. vigorously active and aggressive, especially in support of a cause: militant reformers.

If the above is not descriptive of TF's INGO reputation, then I withdraw the allegation.

I am not against the OP's strategy or his attitude concerning the .Gov. I just believe that it is completely B.S. on the face of it. Just consider the logistics required just to make the daily rounds. The grocery store, pharmacy, post office....... It would take a full staff just to line up the necessary documentation, The whole concept, while being legal, is nevertheless still ridiculous.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    How do you call following the law to the letter skirting the law. If his story is true it sounds like he is simply following an unjust law to keep from getting in trouble with the powers that be that says he does not have a Right to Bear Arms.:dunno:

You can make this argument. It has merit but it is also full of epic fail. Yes it is his right but again...yes, he is skirting the IC. Arguments can be made both ways.
    I just can not see myself going to the neighbors and getting a hall pass....just seems way to weird.
    Hell, my neighbors are freaked if we aren't carrying. No hall pass required.
    Just to weird.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I am talking to the entire forum. I am disillusioned that this ridiculous pretext was accepted as real by people whom I considered to be fairly intelligent.

TF.... I see the sentence that you have highlighted. Yes, I had you in mind as the OC freedom fighter. You ACTUALLY have skin in the game. I might have exaggerated a little but I claim literary license on this since I didn't use your actual name or finger you personally as the guy. I am sorry if the allegation that that you might be a bit militant is offensive. -
    mil·i·tant

[mil-i-tuh
    thinsp.png
    thinsp.png
    nt]
    adjective 1. vigorously active and aggressive, especially in support of a cause: militant reformers.

If the above is not descriptive of TF's INGO reputation, then I withdraw the allegation.

I am not against the OP's strategy or his attitude concerning the .Gov. I just believe that it is completely B.S. on the face of it. Just consider the logistics required just to make the daily rounds. The grocery store, pharmacy, post office....... It would take a full staff just to line up the necessary documentation, The whole concept, while being legal, is nevertheless still ridiculous.

I didn't take offense I just wanted to be sure you were referring to me before I responded- I also have a reputation of an inflated ego :rolleyes:

Anyway I think you either misunderstood what I was saying or took it to heart. I don't care if the story is true or not, the fact is the point he is making is completely moot since he is STILL asking permission to exercise his right, still going completely out of his way (to a fault-sidewalks are public property) to remain legal, all while trying to be a rebel.

Assuming the story is allegorical it fails to bring the point home. It is akin to a MOLON LABER saying one thing but registering their guns when the .gov tells them to, and yes I am also including NFAers in that hat.

You don't need to hold me in higher regard than others on this forum, yes most of you know me by name and read the stories about my case in the papers every few months but IMO we ALL have a stake in our rights, how we as a community are perceived and accepted, and that the only rights we have are the ones we are willing to fight for.

Right, wrong or indifferent we will all deal with the situations we place ourselves in differently. We need to start embracing our differences instead of ostracizing fellow gunowners.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    This thread is hilarious for a lot of reasons.

So now in Indiana you can transport a loaded handgun to and from where ever you want? I thought it was just to go to/from a gun range, but I haven't done even 1 second of research on the matter.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    This thread is hilarious for a lot of reasons.

So now in Indiana you can transport a loaded handgun to and from where ever you want? I thought it was just to go to/from a gun range, but I haven't done even 1 second of research on the matter.
    He claims to unload it and then re-load it.

A whole lot more firearm handling than is ideal.

junior438

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    redkey
    sounds to me to be a bit much work just to get away with not purchesing a LTCH. what would happen if every other neighbor said no? would he stop unload it, walk 30 feet and reload it just to repeat the process 30 feet later? just pay the money, get a LTCH, and dont worry about "permission slips", this aint preschool!

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    sounds to me to be a bit much work just to get away with not purchesing a LTCH. what would happen if every other neighbor said no? would he stop unload it, walk 30 feet and reload it just to repeat the process 30 feet later? just pay the money, get a LTCH, and dont worry about "permission slips", this aint preschool!
    Not preschool but to some it may be Rights vs Privileges in their mind.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    That permission is still needed even if you have an LTCH
    I don't remember ever asking anybody permission to carry my firearm that I am licensed to carry onto their property...

That said, if they ask me to leave (for the firearm, or because they don't like the way my face looks) - it's their property and I must comply regardless of whether I'm licensed to carry or actually carrying at the time.

As I said - it's requesting permission either way - just one is from the state and the other is from the property owner. One is substantially more work and risk while the other is less work but isn't 'sticking it to the man' so much.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    OP, as long as you're following the law, and the safety rules, do whatever.
    I don't see why everyone's getting bent outta shape. Well, not everyone.

To the OP's critics
    You don't agree with his actions. Fine. Then don't do them.
    You think it's "stupid". So what.
    You don't believe he's really doing it. So what.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom