• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cositc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Martinsville
    I've had a friend of mine tell me that you can just walk around town with a AR straped to your back with the mag loaded is this true or is he just F-ing with me?

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    I don't think the mag can be loaded! Not sure on this. But Legally...I think you can. Not exactly a wise choice...but I think you can!

I'm right...right? :)

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    While not specifically illegal, you certainly are almost guaranteed to be stopped by the police if you are in public. I would not be suprised if you are asked to put it away so as not to scare the sheep.

And remember, an arrest for disturbing the peace doesn't necessarily have to stick to temporarily get you and your rifle off the street.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    The police will get ya.

orig.jpg

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I've had a friend of mine tell me that you can just walk around town with a AR straped to your back with the mag loaded is this true or is he just F-ing with me?

Like others have said, legal - yes, smart - probably not.

Several INGO members participated in a 2A march a while back and many carried unloaded AR's.

Unless you really think that an AR is the best choice for self defense, I'd say leave it at home and carry a handgun.

Snayperskaya

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Indy Northwest
    I have walked my dog with an AK on my back before. If the neighbors didn't know me it may have bothered someone, but for the most part people just asked where I got it.

cositc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Martinsville
    So can i have the mag in the gun just unloaded or dose the mag have to stay out of the gun or can i keep a loaded mag on me for the rifle?

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    On the walk our mags were loaded, but we did not have one in the chamber. We did not want an AD, that would have made us look VERY BAD.

I dont see why it would be illegal to have one in the chamber tho. But we can have that discussion, since it pops up here monthly...

Snayperskaya

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Indy Northwest
    In the event that you are planning to do this here in Indy, be careful where you go like this. Some paranoid gang banger is going to think you are the FBI comin' to get his stash and shoot you with his $80 Jennings he got out of someones trunk.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Jasper county
    In the event that you are planning to do this here in Indy, be careful where you go like this. Some paranoid gang banger is going to think you are the FBI comin' to get his stash and shoot you with his $80 Jennings he got out of someones trunk.

That is why you need to carry an AK. Everyone knows the FBI doesn't carry AK's. But if you carry an AK people will think you are a terrorist and call the FBI. Either way, you lose.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

$80? Don't you know that you can't buy a fine firearm like that for less then $400. At least not out of the back of a truck.

What about both?

Sure one for each hand. Notice I did not use purple this time.:ar15:

Top Bottom