• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    MODS: If this belongs in a different area, please relocate.

This is another one of those "somebody told me" questions. Somebody told me that it was illegal to carry a lock pick set in Indiana unless you use it at work
    (locksmith, roadside assistance, etc.). Is this true or false?

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Now, not to be a grammar nazi here, but are you saying that there's no way that it is illegal, or no way on carrying because it is illegal. I'd kind of like to know this myself since I have occasion to transport such items from time to time but am not recognized by the state as a professional in this field. More of a tool in my toolbox kind of thing.

ETA: Ahh, beat me to it, thank you.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Isn't there something about burglery tools? If I'm thinking right it's worded as vaguely as possible.

I still keep my air wedge and other assorted lock-out tools in the truck, but it blends right in with all the other MacGyver stuff.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    So basically, it could just be additional charges if you get caught doing something wrong. Maybe some of our INGO officers could weigh in?

That's how I view it. I only open things for people I know well. Had a situation years ago where some young gentlemen had a convincing story about the car, but fell apart once I saw the nurse photo ID of a woman hanging from the mirror.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Isn't there something about burglery tools? If I'm thinking right it's worded as vaguely as possible.

Some states have such a law, but Indiana isn't one of them. I suppose they could be part of the totality of the circumstances to establish reasonable suspicion or PC for a burglary charge if other factors were present, but simply having the tools is not illegal here.

Top Bottom