• ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I work in the restaurant industry. With the exception of my time at work, I either have a gun on my side or within 10 feet from me 24/7. I feel almost naked at work. Whether it be my G26 or my .38 special in my glove box.... I've seen a lot of deep carry options, but absolutely nothing I believe would be comfortable at all. My attire at work is company polo + jeans at all times. It's hard to conceal in jeans with a tucked in shirt and I need some suggestions. Maybe a keltec p3at in a pocket holster, maybe a walther pps in an ankle glove and wide legged jeans, .22 derringer in my ***....

I run into the issue of moving about... I often have to squat down while weighing inventory, bend over while taking cash from the safe, squabble sideways while I squeeze through occupied tables to check on guests.... I've never carried at work before... yet. I'd like to find some form on CC, 380+, that I can easily and comfortably (without bothering me or guests noticing) conceal. My immediate supervisor knows I carry everywhere else except the store, but my x2 up doesn not know, nor will he. He is there 2x a week though. Anyone else in my boat with some success?

btw: anyone working near 465 x zionsville road pm me and I'll set you and some coworkers up with some free lunch. ;-)

Last edited:

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    P3AT wiht the clip. No holster. Front or back pocket. Looks like a knife clip. You could also use the clip on you waistband before you tuck the shirt in. Way qquicker than running to the car :/

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Just get a pistol disguised as a cork screw:):....Well, it seems like the pocket or ankle would be your best option. Tough situation though. I would start with the smallest pistol you have, and then try it different ways. If it is too uncomfortable at the beginning of your shift, then run out to your car and throw it in the glove box and start from scratch the next day. Good luck!

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    :-) Guess I'll have to start with a good pocket pistol. Who wants to trade for a ruger markIII 22-45 with 5 mags and mag loader. :-) hehe

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    goodcat. I just thought of the perfect solution for you. Google "P3AT Wallet holster". It's a holster with a square piece of leather that looks like a wallet in your pocket.

Last edited:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    My Ruger LCP coceals pretty well in my front pocket with a pocket holster. It might work for you as long as your pocket is good size and your pants aren't too tight.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    goodcat. I just thought of the perfect solution for you. Google "P3AT Wallet holster". It's a holster with a square piece of leather that looks like a wallet in you pocket.
    This is exactly what I was thinking. Makes it look like a wallet or notepad in your pocket.

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    I conceal my LCP with no problem of printing in a black hawk pocket holster. I moded it to hold an extra mag as well. Looks like a wallet printing

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    My Ruger LCP coceals pretty well in my front pocket with a pocket holster. It might work for you as long as your pocket is good size and your pants aren't too tight.

Thats what I use with a Desantis Pocket Holster. With a pocket holster you want to make sure you can draw without the holster coming out with the pistol.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    My experience with the Galco Ankle Glove is that it keeps my S&W 642 up close to the body and printing is a non-issue given pants made of denim or khaki-type material and with a standard or boot cut leg. If you tend to wear running or dress type shoes the bottom of the holster probably would show against a non-black sock as you squat or kneel, though. It is better concealed with the bottom edge inside the top of a boot. I personally find this holster comfortable enough for all-day carry either way.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w190/bobbyone64/AG1.jpg
    http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w190/bobbyone64/AG2.jpg

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    LCP .380, Uncle George's wallet holster, rear pocket (preferred) or front pocket if necessary.

People are amazed at how much the rig looks like a wallet when used in the rear pocket of any pants.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    desantis tuck this has worked for me for several years with my XD40SC and an extra magazine. That's 22 rounds of 40 s&w on my person, and a tucked in shirt, not 8 rounds of .380 or whatever.
    of course, you may need to buy pants that fit an IWB holster.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    You could go with a berreta bobcat .22lr. Fits right in back pocket or front pocket. Great little gun wish I still had mine. easy to take apart and clean too.

Ness2k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    China ^_^
    I carry a Keltec P3AT in a Blackhawk ankle holster for school.

Drawing is not bad, I've practiced dropping w/e is in my hands and drawing. In case of emergency I'd be fine. It's also very concealed, i could take off my shirt and no one would have any idea I'm armed.

Top Bottom