• ...and so much more!
  • indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    My recommendation for the OP>>>

If you see the wand coming your direction, offer up the badge and sign their little permission slip. If not, shut up and enjoy the game.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Never got wanded at a Colts game. Now a Pacer's game...That is a different story. Some games they have you walk through three separate wands...Wonder why.

VidGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Muncie
    Never got wanded at a Colts game. Now a Pacer's game...That is a different story. Some games they have you walk through three separate wands...Wonder why.

Because it's the NBA.

There is not a stadium in this country that will allow non-LEOs to carry. If they catch you, that is.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I wouldn't go to a colts game if they were handing out 100 bills at the front door. Grown men making millions chasing a ball around has zero appeal to me. I had rather watch grass grow.

PlinKing2392

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Avon
    @ J706. What exactly, does you personal dislike for football, have to do with this thread? Just a question about why you would spend your time looking through and subsequently typing a response for a topic in which you clearly have no interest.

My interest, however, is to mention to the OP that I will also be attending on Thursday, I'll be in the blue 18 jersey, I should be easy to spot.

I also wanted to mention that Lucas Oil and the convention center have the same security force and are managed by the same organization, so, generally, the rules are the same for both venues.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Update: I had no problem getting through Security. I planned on playing it "cool" and if asked present the badge/ID and sign their paperwork. As we approached the stadium I saw the wands being used so I stopped and talked to one of the IMPD guys that said to just badge through security, so I did. On that note, my buddy who isn't LEO (nor was carrying a gun) got wanded and it alerted on his belt buckel. He was asked if he had a belt (he stated yes) and they let him through with no questions asked.

I'm not sure how the wands work (whether there's a different alert for a gun vs a belt buckel) but I would think one would be fine CCing in the front without any problems... Just saying.

I'll be working the game, not in uniform and OC'ing. Keep an eye out for me and holler if you see me.

I looked and didn't see you anywhere... not sure how I could have missed your giant 6'7 self in the sea of blue :D

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I don't support lucky sperm babies (Jim Irsay) whether they let me into the stadium that helped make the richer that I and all my friends paid for whether they let me in with my gun or not.

Peyton Manning seems like a wonderfully grounded man, but I just couldn't support him knowing who his boss was.

Lol well Irsay isn't peytons boss.....peytons plays for Denver.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    @ J706. What exactly, does you personal dislike for football, have to do with this thread? Just a question about why you would spend your time looking through and subsequently typing a response for a topic in which you clearly have no interest.

My interest, however, is to mention to the OP that I will also be attending on Thursday, I'll be in the blue 18 jersey, I should be easy to spot.

I also wanted to mention that Lucas Oil and the convention center have the same security force and are managed by the same organization, so, generally, the rules are the same for both venues.

Mainly because of my severe dislike of using taxpayer money for the racket. And even though I live outside of Marion County, every time I buy a dinner I am paying for it again by the stadium food tax. All BS IMO.

glock212327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Now I know this is a old thread but wondering if this still applies for LEO? Just show your ID/badge to security personnel. I plan on going to the game tomorrow just wanting to make sure there was no changes to this process. Thanks guys.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Now I know this is a old thread but wondering if this still applies for LEO? Just show your ID/badge to security personnel. I plan on going to the game tomorrow just wanting to make sure there was no changes to this process. Thanks guys.

I have no idea, I've never been to a game off-duty. The genius security people still wand the EOD guys even though we have credentials allowing us all access.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013

From what I understood, the NFL (not Lucas Oil) has but a stop to any carry even for off duty law enforcement. From what I understand you must be working the event or else you with your firearm will not be welcomed. There was a thread on it a while back I know.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Yes non event working LEO are not allowed to carry inside the stadium during NFL events and the big ten championships. Most major sporting events ban LEO from carrying also. NCAA final four ect. Public events and private events in Lucas oil can be open to all to carry. So some events will allow it. NRA convention did. So events will differ by the event but the sporting ones all use the body scanners and the wands.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    From what I understood, the NFL (not Lucas Oil) has but a stop to any carry even for off duty law enforcement. From what I understand you must be working the event or else you with your firearm will not be welcomed. There was a thread on it a while back I know.

I love how the NFL gets to dictate the rules. No wonder I don't watch the games or buy merchandise.

Top Bottom