• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I think the main part of your question was answered, but for future reference when having an allergic reaction, Benadryl helps a lot with the hives/itching/swelling, etc. I take it as soon as I get stung or have any kind of allergic reaction. It can literally be life saving. I carry it with me at all times in the summer when the stinging insects are active.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Similar situation for me yesterday. Fighting a sinus infection for a week and decided it was time to get meds. Went to Walgreens and the cute little nurse practitioner checked me out. Had I need to remove my shirt, I wouldnt have worried. Its not like I mexican carry. :dunno: Its a gun, safely and legally carried in a proper holster, so if she has a problem, its HER problem. (not mine)

Im sure she saw the bulge through my polo as she checked out my lungs but didnt say anything.

Unless its illegal to possess where you are, or you should expect to be incapacitated due to the condition or treatment, I wouldnt worry about it.

Flagg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    N/A
    I always bring a jacket / fleece with me (even in dead summer). At some point, I'll take the entire holster off and place the holstered weapon in the jacket. Not very elegant, but this has worked for me for years.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    I think the main part of your question was answered, but for future reference when having an allergic reaction, Benadryl helps a lot with the hives/itching/swelling, etc. I take it as soon as I get stung or have any kind of allergic reaction. It can literally be life saving. I carry it with me at all times in the summer when the stinging insects are active.
    I keep a couple of Benadryl in the vehicle first aid kit. It has come in handy on several occassions.

geezer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2016
    NE Indiana
    Parkview Medical Center in Ft. Wayne has signs on all offices and centers........No firearms or knives allowed. My doctor has no problem with firearms but he said that Parkview had considerable trouble at their North campus with a belligerent carry person: result a no firearms policy. This is a big deal as Parkview 'owns' almost all of the medical serves in the area.

Taken at face value, it looks like someone spoiled it for all of us.

Top Bottom