• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jtwilson3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    Hey all,

My fiance and I are going to Indy this Sunday and were gonna stop by the zoo. I was wondering if I was allowed to carry here? On the website it says weapons prohibited:

Welcome to the Indianapolis Zoo

I just didn't know if the company was privately owned or not and if it were legal to CC on the facilities? I know that it is on a state park and I know it's legal to carry in state parks.

Thanks,
    Josh

jtwilson3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    Thanks a bunch guys. Yeah i only CC. And awesome. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to break any laws...plus it's a place mainly for children and you all should know how crazy people, especially parents, react to anything.

Here's another question. Do you guys know anywhere that states Indiana laws in laymans terms that anyone can understand? I think I do pretty decent at understanding the legal talk but I don't want to screw something up because of legal terminology I didn't understand.

Last edited:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I would you never know when some huge monster of an animal will break free and start eating people.

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    You would not be the first person to carry at the zoo. There is a 200 page thread about zoo carry. But that situation involved open carry, and he was creepy looking caring his little monsters... um, kids. I meant to say kids. And creepy because he was caring a CZ? Stick to concealed and 1911, and you are safe.

paulh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Evansville
    I believe if the zoo has a sign prohibiting guns on the premises whether you have a permit or not you can't bring it on the property

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    It against zoo policy, not illegal. The most they could do is ask you to leave. If you refused, then you could, and probably would, be trespassed. Here is a good site with links for all of the states. Handgunlaw.us

jtwilson3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    You would not be the first person to carry at the zoo. There is a 200 page thread about zoo carry. But that situation involved open carry, and he was creepy looking caring his little monsters... um, kids. I meant to say kids. And creepy because he was caring a CZ? Stick to concealed and 1911, and you are safe.

Wow that seems good. Yeah I would NEVER open carry if there are children around. Scares them, scares parents, and if it doesn't scare them, gives them something to try and play with. And so my S+W 500 wouldn't work as an open carry???

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I believe if the zoo has a sign prohibiting guns on the premises whether you have a permit or not you can't bring it on the property
    Your interpretation of law and policy are getting blurred. It's their policy for no weapons, not law. But as stated, if asked to leave and you refuse then it can/will become a trespassing issue.

I dont go to to the zoo often, but when I do I still carry there. Usually concealed but have had the barrel hang out from under my jacket. Never an issue with security, parents, kids or Johny Law.

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    Your interpretation of law and policy are getting blurred. It's their policy for no weapons, not law. But as stated, if asked to leave and you refuse then it can/will become a trespassing issue.

I dont go to to the zoo often, but when I do I still carry there. Usually concealed but have had the barrel hang out from under my jacket. Never an issue with security, parents, kids or Johny Law.

Most people are in their own little world anyhow. The chance of anybody even noticing is really slim, that is unless you come across other people like us. :ar15:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    As others have pointed out, the Indy zoo is private (one of the few), and it is not illegal to carry. It is most certainly against their policy, though. Same as "outside food and drink". Security will most certainly insist you return it to your car or leave. Adjust your habits accordingly.

cubbetm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    I have cc there several times. I also bent over petting a shark and it peeked out. No one seemed to care

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Wow that seems good. Yeah I would NEVER open carry if there are children around. Scares them, scares parents, and if it doesn't scare them, gives them something to try and play with. And so my S+W 500 wouldn't work as an open carry???
    It scares kids and parents huh? Have you experienced this or are you just talking? I OC and have never witnessed anyone getting scared.

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    Well that's a pretty bold statement, but I'm not going to even go there we have a thread for that.

You sir are very wrong. As others have stated you may have policy and law mixed up.

Top Bottom