• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gewehr3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    "Any firearm (except validly licensed handguns) BB gun, air gun, CO2 gun, bow and arrow, or spear gun in possession in a state park must be unloaded or un-nocked and stored in a case or locked within a vehicle, except when the owner is participating in an activity authorized by written permit."

DNR: Rules & Regulations

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Pay no attention to the old brochures with the old rules (they're analogous old signs in city parks that have been rendered obsolete by preemption). Carry with a LTCH in state parks is perfectly legal.

Jerry C

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Thanks for the info eld. That's a new one on me. I've carried all through the lodge including the dining area and the village and everywhere else. Guess I should be a little more discreet there. Thanks again.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    If at all possible, stop by Big Woods Pizza in Nashville. Just a couple miles down the road from the park. Excellent pizza and they've kindly hosted a couple INGO meets there.

Jerry C

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Be careful @ Clifty. Army Corp. of Engineers property.

Hey eld. I don't guess there's any chance you would have Clifty falls st park mixed up with Falls of the Ohio would you? I know Falls of Ohio are C.O.E property. I think I have a pamphlet from Clifty saying licensed carry is permitted?

Edit: I just checked the rules and regs for Clifty falls st park, licensed handgun carry is permitted.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Someone needs to boldly be a test case for that ACOE BS anyway. Make sure you have rehearsed your talking points so you don't say anything negative or foolish sounding.

Where is the line where self defense is not allowed?

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Someone needs to boldly be a test case for that ACOE BS anyway. Make sure you have rehearsed your talking points so you don't say anything negative or foolish sounding.

I'm still trying to figure out what's so damned special about C.O.E. properties. I understand that they are government lands but it's not like they're bases or anything.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Hey eld. I don't guess there's any chance you would have Clifty falls st park mixed up with Falls of the Ohio would you? I know Falls of Ohio are C.O.E property. I think I have a pamphlet from Clifty saying licensed carry is permitted?

Edit: I just checked the rules and regs for Clifty falls st park, licensed handgun carry is permitted.
    Maybe I am. The DNR pamphlet for Clifty Falls says LTCH is OK. You are correct!

Also checked the list of ACoE lakes:
    Louisville District > Locations > Lakes

Makes fishing while carrying kinda hard. Maybe the ACoE is trying to prevent "tragic boating accidents"?

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

As far as I know the order issued from Nesbitt (nee Morris) vs. US Army Corps of Engineers (decided almost exactly one year ago), ruling the USCOE's regulation of firearms in its entirety unconstitutional because it did not allow for self-defense is still in effect...in Idaho. Last I know the USCOE was appealing to the 9th Circuit, but it hasn't been heard yet. Thus I think technically the USCOE can enforce it's regulation on COE land in states other than Idaho.

Would like to be wrong.

LastShot123

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jan 31, 2015
    Hamilton County
    This is good information, I've been carrying concealed when I take the family to various state parks. Always was under the impression that you're gtg with a ltch. Never open carried at any of our state parks so I don't know what the response would be like but I have a hunch..

Top Bottom