• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    A status report to INGO regarding the state of carrying in Arizona as I am down here this week.

1. It's hot.

2. You cannot drive directly anywhere. You have to drive past the place and then loop back. May be some safety feature, not sure, need to talk to traffic engineer.

3. All signs in Arizona are merely suggestions, especially stop signs.

4. There is some high school baseball tournament in Avondale and they are staying at my hotel. I need to tell them to stay off my lawn.

5. It is damn hot here drink water all day, even if sitting in air conditioned conference room.

Oh, yeah, the gun stuff:

1. Open and concealed carrying. No one blinks. It must be so common that one one asks if I am a cop or going shooting or whatever. They just don't see it.

2. Have seen one non-governmental sign. Sushi joint near hotel has a sign. I voiced my objection and went to another sushi place. This is the only non-government sign that I have witnessed.

3. Police roll past me like I am invisible even if I am open carrying coffee. Cops have SUVs or big pick ups like 250s or are on motorcycles. Have not seen a police "car" yet. Had one "encounter", walking out of drug store, Goodyear SUV rolls up, lets one cop out. He looks at me (6' tall white guy in a Kuhl shirt and Dockers with a 1911 on his belt), flips up his sunglasses and then turns and walks into store. Other cop stays in A/C, I drive off.

4. Gun stuff: Shooter's World is cool, but no one has any ammo down here either. The alternative magazine here (think Nuvo) has ads for gun stores and medical marijuana, pages and pages of medical marijuana.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The only part of Arizona I've been to looked like the surface of the moon. Me and Mrs. Littletommy rented a car in Vegas and did some driving. California was sorta cool to look at, and Nevada was awesome, but all we saw in Arizona was rocks and sand/dirt. I did do doughnuts in the dusty gravely soil in some state park in Arizona, that was fun.....I'll bet the rental company is still scraping dust off of that car.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I really like Flagstaff. Good to hear that AZ is a place where we would feel comfortable. Too bad they are on the "to be punished" list from the oval office.

MagicKev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    AZ is great. We have been wintering there for 10 years now. Great motorcycle riding weather that time of year. Good carry laws and In-N-Out Burger.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    AZ is awesome. I really like it out there. Went out for 3 hours on horseback in the high desert and got nailed by a sandstorm for a good 20 minutes. You know how when you go to the beach and sand is everywhere? Yeah, it's nothing like the dirt kicked up from a sandstorm.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    Been to Tucson a few times. Phoenix once, Open carry is def normal in AZ.
    Oh, have you seen any cops in minivans yet?:laugh:
    Not sure about Phoenix, but Tucson loves giving tickets by camera.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    "3. Police roll past me like I am invisible even if I am open carrying coffee."

Bet they wouldn't do that if you were openly carrying donuts, too! :)

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    My wife and I went to Tuscon a few years ago --we took a break from Indiana Winter in Feb or Mar. It was cold and rainy. I think it was the only cold and rainy week all year. (See previous weather pattern predictions based on my vacation schedule). But I did notice the overall laid backishness. I think it's so hot they just don't have energy to get their panties twisted.

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Actually going this weekend to Arizona. Working there some next week. All in the western part of the state. I do like the attitude about guns there. One small town, less than 1500 people has their own gun range complex. All kinds of ranges in the complex, Picnic tables, outhouses,
    Was there last week to, right at 100 degrees but no sweat, excuse me perspiration. Love the lack of humidity. Good quail huniting also from what they tell me.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What the heck were you doing in Arizona, anyway?

Work. Cannot say anything more.

But . . . it just might involve:

asu.jpg

Top Bottom