• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    I went out to lunch with my pastor specifically about expanding our safety/security team in the church to include not only medical/first aid response but also security more along the lines of our forum here... His answer? I dont think I want armed people in the actual sanctuary, as that is a place for God, not of Man or some such reasoning... (Rather interesting attitude from an African American pastor in a predominantly Caucasian community. He took the whole "god will protect us, attitude...) I told him God has given me the means to assist God in protecting all of his people and I was not about to give that up on a 'hope' that something bad would not happen... I said if he was to insist I not carry, I would find another church. We agreed that CC was the most acceptable in HIS eyes in the church, so that is exactly what I do... EVERY time I attend...

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Same as everywhere else.

If you aren't breaking a law, keep it concealed and carry on.

This is how I see it, and why I would feel no reason to ask anyone if I could.

Carry everwhere that's legal to do so.

No more, No less.

Agreed!

I don't understand why anyone who carries at other times would choose of their own accord to disarm for church. Anytime you're in a crowd, there is potential for unique bad things to happen. Given the recent history of violent actors specifically targeting churches and other religious gatherings, it seems imprudent to disarm yourself.

I CC at church to protect my family and others who come to worship. The reality is there are a lot of idiots in this world and there have been far too many shootings at churches. I know several other men who also CC in our church for the same reason.

I bet most folks would be astounded to know how many people on this earth have been killed or injured with religion being the primary reason. Being unarmed didn't seem to work out so well for the Sikhs recently.

I do not have a problem with cc in church. If your pastor knows and is ok with it then all the better. I would not let anybody else know. Some folks may be offended. Church as well as other places that should be safe is where the bad guy an strike and people are helpless..

Turf Doctor

I'd see no reason to even discuss it with a pastor or other church official. But then I see no reason to worry about folks being offended either.

There are people who go to church without their gun?

Right? Going unarmed is not something I'd advertise.

indyjake

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN
    I attend a large church that usually has uniformed LEOs in the building during services and I still CC. I'm not aware of any official position of the church on the subject, probably because I've never asked about it.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    I went out to lunch with my pastor specifically about expanding our safety/security team in the church to include not only medical/first aid response but also security more along the lines of our forum here... His answer? I dont think I want armed people in the actual sanctuary, as that is a place for God, not of Man or some such reasoning... (Rather interesting attitude from an African American pastor in a predominantly Caucasian community. He took the whole "god will protect us, attitude...) I told him God has given me the means to assist God in protecting all of his people and I was not about to give that up on a 'hope' that something bad would not happen... I said if he was to insist I not carry, I would find another church. We agreed that CC was the most acceptable in HIS eyes in the church, so that is exactly what I do... EVERY time I attend...

Apparently this pastor doesn't believe in free will, as in the free will of some heathern to
    blow his butt to kingdom come. If my pastor stated such a stupid and short sighted view
    of reality I would leave his flock. Unlike the president, I do need my pastor to make some
    kind of sense......

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    Yes I carry in church. When our new pastor came three years ago, he happened to ask me one Sunday if I carried. I told him I did, but I usually left it in the car when I was at church. He asked if I would be okay with carrying during the service. I went to the car and and retrieved my pistol.

I run the sound system and sit at the back of the auditorium. I will, most likely, be the first one to see someone enter that is planning on causing a "problem".

We also have a reserve police officer that attends my church. He is always armed, as well. The two of us comprise our church's "security team". Since the Sikh shooting, I generally OC the Glock 21. The pastor hasn't mentioned anybody complaining about it, yet.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Yes, I carry at church. Heck, we just had a Men's Group Gathering where a few of us brought our guns and had a party throwing ordnance downrange. HA! Carried to church tonight as a matter of fact.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I carry whenever possible in church. we now have plainclothes offduty officers patrolling our hallways. I make a point to say hi and tell them I Appreciate their presence. My friends know I carry there and no one has said anything thus far, but I CC so I'd hope they don't know.

infiremedic07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Lapel/Noblesville
    I attend what one would call a strong conservative church. As far as I know there are at least 7 of us in a congregation of about 150 that carry all the time including my wife and I. In fact our pastor stated that he heard that so and so and I were always carrying from then pulpit once. That resulted in a large number of people who were surprised but very supportive. I even encouraged others to get their LTCH and several have done so.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I'm not a church go-er, but my mother asked me to be there for a luncheon for Veteran's Day. No school, so I carried away. Uneventful except the girls they had singing some songs which I've never seen there before. Food was great. Couple of 5yo's running around so I OCd a fly swatter. Only had to use it once.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    I'm not a church go-er, but my mother asked me to be there for a luncheon for Veteran's Day. No school, so I carried away. Uneventful except the girls they had singing some songs which I've never seen there before. Food was great. Couple of 5yo's running around so I OCd a fly swatter. Only had to use it once.

I can see your resume now.............."Lead a SWAT team...." :yesway:

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN

Ask him to explain Nehemiah 4:9 to you! :twocents: :patriot::draw:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Where do you guys stand with CC in church? I grew up in a very traditional church where if somebody knew then I would have been probably been asked to leave if I was CC. I

Doesn't sound very "traditional" to me. :dunno:

EDIT: FTR I almost always carry at church. I figure as an usher, I'm the first line of defense.

I also refer to the sound booth as the "sniper's nest".

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    I run into a great many church goers who state such things as the sanctuary is "God's" and if there is a gun in there then God will apparent put earmuffs on and not hear the prayers.

I innocently ask them if they would want President Obama to visit their church for a service. Since they are mostly liberal they fall all over themselves to state how honored they would be to have him in their church for a service.

I then point out their hypocrisy because "Obama = Secret Service guns" and how could they believe that guns don't belong in church and at the same time want Obama in their church. This generally angers them quite a bit. :)

Top Bottom