• ...and so much more!
  • Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    I cc & know of others also cc'ing including LEO. However no organized security or oc. Was beginning to discuss organized security a few years ago with other like minded members. Changed pastors. New one is great however young ( my kids age ) and raised in liberal city. He is anti. We were in a small group together for couple years & I tried talking with him but got no where. They rented for a couple years and then bought a house in country along a river. They about freaked when they found a couple tree stands for deer in their river bottom. The stands had names & contact info. Pastor told me he called the people and informed them they had to remove them and that there would be no hunting. I ask him why and his response was " Well we CAN'T have GUNS on our property."
    I tried to assure him it was safe, etc but wouldn't hear a word of it.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I cc & know of others also cc'ing including LEO. However no organized security or oc. Was beginning to discuss organized security a few years ago with other like minded members. Changed pastors. New one is great however young ( my kids age ) and raised in liberal city. He is anti. We were in a small group together for couple years & I tried talking with him but got no where. They rented for a couple years and then bought a house in country along a river. They about freaked when they found a couple tree stands for deer in their river bottom. The stands had names & contact info. Pastor told me he called the people and informed them they had to remove them and that there would be no hunting. I ask him why and his response was " Well we CAN'T have GUNS on our property."
    I tried to assure him it was safe, etc but wouldn't hear a word of it.

I would question the soundness of the doctrine of someone that brainwashed in liberalism.

HD1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Henderson, KY
    I would not attend or join a church that prevented me from carrying. Just like at the mall or at a movie theater: if I'm at church, I'm carrying (concealed).

I won't be obstinate about it or anything. If asked to leave, I would - I and my family, immediately. And we wouldn't return. Interestingly, of the kind of church we look for (small to mid-sized, independent, Bible-only), I have yet to encounter one that was hostile toward members carrying. (Yet another reason, among others, that we avoid mega-churches.)

AMEN!!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I would question the soundness of the doctrine of someone that brainwashed in liberalism.

A pastor like that wouldn't last two seconds in our congregation. We also elect our own pastors so that would be a moot point.

Our church didn't have a codified stance on firearms until several years ago when I approached the pastor about carrying because of the school on the property. Now, those of us who want to carry are allowed to do so.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Wouldn't attend a church with a liberal-loon pastor, period. They'd just 'suck the smarts right outta ya' with their inane drivel.

Don't believe me? Look what Jeremiah Wright did to the Liar-In-Chief! :lmfao:

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Considering that my church has been set on fire before while people were in it, I have no qualms about carrying in church. One of the drawbacks to being at the church right across from the convention center/right next to the Circle City Mall... lotsa crazies coming through.

ErickW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    I also cc at church, along with at least four more members, and our pastor. We preach the bible, love to eat meat, and love our country.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Carried my PT738 to church this morning. Not much firepower, but better than my fist. Lots of uptight "preppy" types at the church, so I had to be on the low-down.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    Considering that my church has been set on fire before while people were in it, I have no qualms about carrying in church. One of the drawbacks to being at the church right across from the convention center/right next to the Circle City Mall... lotsa crazies coming through.
    96firephoenix glad another like minded individual on Georgia street. Also glad no school on the grounds. I was not aware people where in the church when the fire was started.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    I carry every time I go. When I am acting as Usher for Mass, I consider it my duty to be armed since one of my tasks is to intervene if someone gets rowdy. Luckily, no one has ever gone beyond a funny look on their face, but my Ruger LC9 is in my front pocket if needed.

I pray I never have to use it, especially at church.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I usually have my little LCP shoved in my jeans or shorts pocket at church. I am not sure if anyone else in the church carrys or not. Nobody there knows I have it on my other than the wife, I never wanted to make a big deal out of it.

Meena

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Central IN
    I carry in church and I know of three others that do also. Our church is well protected. Our Pastor carries unless he is baptizing :)

Bearclaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Anderson
    I carry every time I go. I have a friend that goes to a church in Indy that the guys have a "gun club" at church. they meet at a local range to shoot even the pastor goes.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nVjoU_8LH8

Skip to 3:35 for final answer.

The anti gun crowd ALWAYS try to sway the conversation to "why do you feel the need to carry at that location?" My answer is "why do you feel the need to wear your seat belt when you are only going up the corner to pick up a gallon of milk?" I don't ask if I should use my safety equipment, I ask what reason would I have to choose to leave behind every day safety equipment. So in short, why would I choose to disarm to go to that location? Seems to me the most important place to carry is a place least protected as it would be a likely target of a nut. They intentionally execute attacks where they expect to have the best chance of succeeding, which just happens to be where people are expected to be disarmed.

Just be aware church hugs are possible in moments of emotion and if you have your gun in a place it can be felt you may be noticed.

Top Bottom