• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Does anyone have a problem that a lot of gun stores do not allow the carrying of a firearm in their stores? After this is the prodect that they sell, and i would imagine a good number of their customers carry for self defense. I understand the concern about people wanting to sell, trade, or get a gun worked on and having someone pull out a loaded gun. However, if anyone goes in Gander Mountain they spell this out quite clearly at the entrance. I am torn by this policy, after all the gun stores that i go to all the employees are carrying. I know they have the option, but I also have the option of not shooping with them. Anyone else have any opions on this?

Always carry in one. Why would I not carry there when I do virtually everywhere else?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    No idea about your yard or anyone else, but in mine, I'd say maybe 3 in 10. I've got so many rocks in my yard it isn't funny. I've got a garden area that has been tilled for probably at least 20 years, I still pull up rocks every year.

Point being is that you never know what is directly under the top layer.

O.k.," possibility", or more correctly, "slight possibility" I get!
    "distinct likelihood"??? No!
    As stated before, I was responding to the guy messing with his loaded gun AT THE COUNTER IN A RETAIL STORE!!!!!
    If you have the choice, unloading and reloading, inside a store, standing at the service counter, or outside on the side of the building, pointing at the ground, which do you choose?
    My garden area is probably worse than yours, and if I was outside of the city limits, I would invite you over, and we could shoot into the ground and see how many ricochets we get. My guess is probably about zero out of one hundred shots would go anywhere but into the ground! I know that anything is possible, my point is "likelihood"!

ehoward

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    The Indy Trading Post has a sign on the front door saying that everyone working inside is carrying, I assume to discourage robbers, but I went into that gun shop in Camby IN today and noticed that they don't mind if you carry just require you to have it unloaded...

Didn't John Wayne saying "What's the point of a gun if it aint loaded?"

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I was going to say, i dont think most of the shops that i have ever been would say something you are carrying, unless you are taking it out for some reason. And Im sure that would be the same for any place, if you are whipping out your pistol, any place might not like you doing that.

Tony7141

Marksman
    Rating - 60%
    3   2   0
    May 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    The Indy Trading Post has a sign on the front door saying that everyone working inside is carrying, I assume to discourage robbers, but I went into that gun shop in Camby IN today and noticed that they don't mind if you carry just require you to have it unloaded...

Didn't John Wayne saying "What's the point of a gun if it aint loaded?"

Look at the sign on the door of that gun shop in Camby!

Top Bottom