• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    I actually think having to have a license for a RIGHT is BS, however it is the cards we have been dealt and isn't likely going to change anytime soon. I would actually prefer it be an endorsement on my DL so it is one less thing I have to carry and I would prefer it not be a flimsy piece of paper that I have to worry about destroying because it getting wet sometime throughout my day.

I don't see either one of those as one more regulation. Patriot my question to you is why are you so concerned about the "gubmt" knowing who you are and where you live, cause I bet they already have all of that info somewhere, DL, SSN, Tax records, deed to your house, have you ever bought a firearm from a gunstore?

I also would prefer since I have to have a license for this right that I be able to get a federal permit rather than have to have numerous state permits that don't accomplish carrying in all 50.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    PP, don't worry, he was just confused over "facially valid."

Darn lawyers, confusing everyone.:D

Your Indiana LTCH is recognized by Tennessee, however every so often we get "breaking alerts" that it is not. Just people that are concerned but confused. No biggie.

Remember to carry legally in Kentucky and Tennessee uniforms are required. Here is the uniform for Kentucky:

colonel-sanders-1.jpg

Here is the required uniform for Tennessee:

tennessee-pride.jpg

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Yep. And I hate driving through there. Actually, I don't like I-65 at all.

My other route is around Cincinnati, which is in Ohio. :D

IN license isn't good in OH. Knowing my luck, I'd find me a LEO in that few miles. I suppose I could take IN-1 and avoid both I-65 and Ohio.

Yes, yes... I am one of those people that will go out of the way to avoid even the THOUGHT of trouble when I'm on vacation!
    Also, be very careful from Sellersburg south to the Ohio River. ISP loves that stretch of I-65, and if traffic is light, they will get you for 3 or 4 mph over.

CopperWires

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    If you go through Ohio, it will only be a few miles. Just stop, lock your gun in the case, and put it in the trunk until you get into Kentucky. Then you can get it back out. I know it sucks but that could keep you from coming this way.

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    I'm doing basically the same trip next month. A few items I noted:
    - No carry in bars (or the bar portion of a restaurant I believe)
    - No Weapons signs are enforceable.
    - OC or CC (though I plan on CC while on vacation)
    - No need to inform LEO at a traffic stop

They seem pretty similar to Indiana, other than the bars and signs.

I'm just bummed I have to drive through Louisville! My Florida permit won't make it here in time for carrying in Ohio.....

If you want to drive down 75 you don't have to go through Ohio. Take St. Road 1 to Lawrenceburg, go across bridge and get on I-275 south and enter I-75 in Kentucky, you never enter Ohio. Plus it's a nice scenic road. Two lane twisties all the way to the river and few semis because the ISP have advised them STRONGLY against it.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Thank the lord for this thread, me and some friends are going to be road tripping to tennessee for some winter fun. I was worried i would not be able to carry.

Al B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    EM78 South IN
    I stopped for fuel in Crestwood KY a couple of weeks ago and saw 3 county officers inside the station. I spoke with one of them and asked about reciprocity and OC. I appreciated the answer I got..."It is legal and you IN permit covers you, however, please don't OC. We dont need any extra phone calls...". The fellows were polite and friendly.
    Oh yea, about that I-65 from Sellersburg on down to the river thing, that stretch is the ISP goldmine. Drive 55.

Al

CopperWires

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I stopped for fuel in Crestwood KY a couple of weeks ago and saw 3 county officers inside the station. I spoke with one of them and asked about reciprocity and OC. I appreciated the answer I got..."It is legal and you IN permit covers you, however, please don't OC. We dont need any extra phone calls...". The fellows were polite and friendly.
    Oh yea, about that I-65 from Sellersburg on down to the river thing, that stretch is the ISP goldmine. Drive 55.

Al

And in the warm months the ISP are on motorcycles to be on the lookout for those as well.

Top Bottom