• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zombieglock

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Was just curious if anyone leaves near KY and goes there often.

Im going there this weekend and was curious on personal experiences.

I know I can conceal with a permit or open carry. Not go near schools, bars, ect.

Anyone ever have a run in with the law or anything?

Thanks!

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Where in my fine state are you visiting/traveling?

OC is legal but in the metro area (Louisville) LMPD can be twitchy. In general I've only heard anecdotal evidence that people get hassled and I've spoken to a couple of cops and they know it's legal and constitutional and all but they dont like it.

You can carry in a bar/restaurant but only if it makes less than 50% of its income from alcohol. So places like chilis or olive garden are ok but a bar that serves food is a no no.

I can't think of anything else right now. No gun signs do not have the weight of law but as per Indiana law you can be charged with trespassing if you refuse to leave.

A lot of places like malls are "gun free" and security have been known to call the PD if you're OCing. Police will say cover it up or leave basically.

PM me or email me if you need anything else. My email address is my ingo user name at gmail.com.

David

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    I have OC'd in Henderson, Owensboro, Lexington and Louisville.. Malls, stores, restaurants, gas stations, I never had any problems.. I live in Newburgh/Evansville, so I am down south of the river at least twice a month.. Plus day trips to Louisville or Lexington with my fiance at least once a month.

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    My fiance is a Louisvillian, and I have OC'd and CC'd there. Never engaged by any LEO's there, and not heard too many issues from othes. I go to TG&G for the indoor range 3-4 times a month.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    It seems to me that there are fewer people with gun hang ups in Kentucky than here in Indiana. Especially outside of Louisville city limits/Jefferson Co. but I've carried there for many years and never had a problem.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I am still nervous about OCing in the Metro area just because there are so many LMPD officers I don't want to encounter a bigoted/unreasonable one.

I have OC'd occasionally in the Walmart and Meijer around here but I usually just wear it around the house or walking the pooch.

I need to get around to applying for my KY CCDW at some point. It's a LONG process though. I miss Indiana :(

Edit to add: I do think a lot of it has to do with dress/appearance. If you're not a "thug" or are dressed/acting like trash and carrying I don't think there will be any problems. But sloppy dress/sloppy carrying and active furtively will get "MWAG" calls.

I usually wear a good pair of jeans, a polo or a pair of khakis and a polo.

ClydeB

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    Southern Hoosier
    I grew up in southwest Jefferson County Ky. Valley Station area. Back then it was no big deal to see people OC. But its part of Metro Louisville now, and rarely go down there. So do not know.
    Nowadays I live in Floyd County Indiana and work downtown Louisville. Rarely see any non law enforcement folks deliberately OC downtown. Though some people I have seen could use some pointers on how to better CC.

Never had a run in with the law since I got my Indiana LTCH. So cannot say one way or the other about that.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I also live in Floyd Co, Indiana and work in Louisville. My work takes me all over the Metro area and I rarely if ever see any non-LEO OC.

zombieglock

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    We are just outside London, KY. Small little town, well at least as of 2am driving through.

We will see what happens. I'll let you all know if I have any bad/good encounters.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Have work'd over there for the past.....ohh.....38 yrs. Most(99%) of the work's in the East End,Oldham Co.,or....all along Upper River Road area.....ALWAYs carry.....conceal'd,'course.....I don't get a chubby by have'n 1 out in the open......and with all'a signage everwhere?.....Why advertise it....out'a sight,out'a mind,know whut I mean?.....:twocents:

zombieglock

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Update: Concealed most of the time, as that's what I do back in Fort Wayne.

I did OC in walmart, pizza hut and gas station with no negative responses. Nobody did a double take or freak out.

Ive only OC once in Ft. Wayne at a chick' fil a and boy was every one quiet, pointing and staring..

Top Bottom