• ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I went to early vote today in Alec, polls were closed at the fairgrounds and if I wanted to early vote my option was to drive to Anderson and vote at the courthouse.
    Sorry one has to disarm and go through the scanner to get in the courthouse to do anything, I'll wait until this sat.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I went to early vote today in Alec, polls were closed at the fairgrounds and if I wanted to early vote my option was to drive to Anderson and vote at the courthouse.
    Sorry one has to disarm and go through the scanner to get in the courthouse to do anything, I'll wait until this sat.
    If you didn’t vote because they made you unholster to do so, you let them win.
    If you unholstered to vote, you let them win.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    If you didn’t vote because they made you unholster to do so, you let them win.
    If you unholstered to vote, you let them win.
    I didn't early vote like I wanted to.
    Since my local place was closed and yesterday if I wanted to early vote I would have had to drive to Andersons courthouse. You get scanned when entering the courthouse to do anything, just to pay your property taxes, vote, go and talk to the property tax office upstairs, Clerk of Wills and so on. And any court room.
    I don't believe I've ever missed a time to vote since I started in 1976. And Ive always been armed. I voted this morning at The Fairgrounds in Alec.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Guys, it's May. Way beyond sine die.

The Indiana General Assembly does not meet all year. Thank goodness.

In fact, it used to meet every other year. The only polling mistake my father admitted to was voting for the early 70s amendment to have the IGA meet every year. He wants that one back.

Didn't I do a thread on how Indiana government works years ago? Got to find it.

This is the IGA:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    The seed has been planted by the liberals. This is a message telling the left if they are afraid to vote in person, they need to vote by mail. They are opening the door to creative ways to enhance the ballot box through mail in voting.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I looked. I have not done a thread on the Indiana government. I need to.

I did a large post explaining the powers of the Indiana Governor during the pandemic when there was concern over the Governor overstepping his bounds during Covid.

Here the take away lesson is what sine die is.

Sine die="without future date", aka it's a wrap, denoting the end of the legislative session. Sine die is usually set on organization day.

Indiana legislative sessions begin in January and transpire in late winter/early Spring with an organizational day mid-Autumn (around Thanksgiving). This year it was January 2 to March 14, 2024.

Legislature also convenes if called into special session by the Governor.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I hope that our state Senators and Representatives watch this site, and I intend to contact mine. This needs shut down before it goes any farther.

A certain person carried their handgun concealed into a polling place, and no one knew it. What they don't know......

Top Bottom