• Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    its my thread good sir. lol.

Touche

BTW, I personally use a Hanks Clothing Amish Belt, and a Kholster IWB at about 4 o'clock.. VERY comfortable. I have worn this combo for 8 hours straight and almost forgot it was there.

My next holster purchase will be a Hooch Holsters Kydex OWB
    (INGO Advertiser BTW)

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I have a Crossbreed Supertuck with horsehide that I carry at the 3 o-clock range with a full sized M&P 40.

Only time I take it out during the day is if I try and put on a tool belt. Stays away from the excess I have at the waist line. Conceals with a tee shirt. Prints less than the double mag pouch on the other side.

While I am not ginormous I ain't tiny either.

Have a Galco horizontal shoulder system that I wore for years in the fall and winter. Just tough when you want to take a jacket off inside and not flash everyone.

Back pre-marriage I used to carry appendix. Now that would be considered deep cover.

Maybe your best bet would be to find some fellow gun toters in your area. You could maybe borrow a couple rigs to see what you thought you would like. Get a belt first.

Joseph

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    cambridge city
    I just got a s&w mp 9c and carry it comfortably with a specialty iwb holster, it is a large cut piece of leather with kydex for the pistol itself I find it pretty easy to carry, before this just carried owb, glock 22/17 or colt g model 1911, not fully concealable but enough for me. 6/2 310.

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    I'm also a big guy, I carry a sig p239 or j frame in a uncle mikes IWB. It works great for me except in the summer. In the summer I have to be diligent in oiling my gun (every few days), if I don't the uncle mikes will hold sweat on the gun which can cause rust issues.

I recently bought a K-Holster for my M&Pc and from what little I've worn it so far, it is very comfortable. However putting it on is kind of a pain, the uncle mikes just slips right in. I'm in school so I frequently have to put it on or take it off depending on when I go on campus, so this can be a concern. So I would recomend getting the uncle mikes and see how you like it, they're relatively inexpensive so if you dont like it your not out alot.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I'm also a big guy, I carry a sig p239 or j frame in a uncle mikes IWB. It works great for me except in the summer. In the summer I have to be diligent in oiling my gun (every few days), if I don't the uncle mikes will hold sweat on the gun which can cause rust issues.

I recently bought a K-Holster for my M&Pc and from what little I've worn it so far, it is very comfortable. However putting it on is kind of a pain, the uncle mikes just slips right in. I'm in school so I frequently have to put it on or take it off depending on when I go on campus, so this can be a concern. So I would recomend getting the uncle mikes and see how you like it, they're relatively inexpensive so if you dont like it your not out alot.

University campus, or K-12?

University = Not illegal, concealed means concealed

:cool:

Hack966

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008
    Bought myself a Galco King Tuk last Friday and wore it all weekend with my SA XD45 tactical. It's the most comfortable IWB holster I've ever worn. It distributes the weight out more than a single clip point rig does.
    Normally I OC with a Serpa paddle holster, but wouldn't with this one as there is only the friction retention. Don't want any of those pesky 5 year olds disarming me.

Top Bottom