• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Here is a question... I find that I want to take my gun into the gym BUT I don't feel like my $800 carry gun is safe in those cheap lockers. So, I usully leave my gun in the car concealed and locked.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I feel ____ at the gym because I don't have a gun in the locker room .... wink wink

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    buy a smaller, cheaper gun?

be careful though. a lot of gyms have daycare services on the premises.

Oh, good point. Then that brings me to ask, is a daycare that only functions to watch the children while the parents are working out still qualify?

How would a smaller cheaper gun help? haha Kidding. I have a P3AT that might be a gym bag carry. But if I cant carry there anyway maybe I am just waisting my time.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    I know some cats that wear a fanny pack when they go to the gym just for this reason. I have always locked my firearm in my locker with my own lock.

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I know some cats that wear a fanny pack when they go to the gym just for this reason. I have always locked my firearm in my locker with my own lock.

I have my own lock, and it is a pretty nice lock, but it is still an easy break.

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    You could always get a sub like the 26 and get an ankle holster and not have to leave it in the locker unless you shower at the gym after a workout.

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    You could always get a sub like the 26 and get an ankle holster and not have to leave it in the locker unless you shower at the gym after a workout.

Oh, I do... I sit buck naked in the sauna (with a towel)... dripping in sweat then shower and go home.

They let my other guns in with not problem... I don't see why this one would be problem :):

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Oh, good point. Then that brings me to ask, is a daycare that only functions to watch the children while the parents are working out still qualify?

How would a smaller cheaper gun help? haha Kidding. I have a P3AT that might be a gym bag carry. But if I cant carry there anyway maybe I am just waisting my time.

My understanding it has to a LICENSED day care. If licensed by the state then carry is a no.

As far as carrying to the gym, if the lockers are not safe enough for your 800 carry gun why would they be safe for a cheaper one. I would be concerned with the fact that a gun could get stolen and in the wrong hands regardless what it cost. Me I would find a way to carry it on me, maybe duct tape.:D

lewisjt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.1%
    113   1   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Hancock Co.
    I carry a bag with me around the the gym containing my straps, belts, chalk, water, etc......good place for any personal goods as long as it stays within an arms length of your training area.

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010

Ever been to the YMCA down town or on the south side? That would make me want to carry in a fanny pack... I used to go to the YMCA down town at 5am every morning when I lived in Muncie.

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    My understanding it has to a LICENSED day care. If licensed by the state then carry is a no.

As far as carrying to the gym, if the lockers are not safe enough for your 800 carry gun why would they be safe for a cheaper one. I would be concerned with the fact that a gun could get stolen and in the wrong hands regardless what it cost. Me I would find a way to carry it on me, maybe duct tape.:D

In that case, it already looks like I have a gun on me... :rockwoot:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Remember the goal is self defense.

A gun is not your only option.

I work out with a knife, on my body. not in a locker. Shower with it etc.

Self defense is a 100% all the time state of being ready, and a gun is not your only tool to accomplish that.

Just sayin. If a gun doesnt work out for you during certain activities, switch to your knife.

:twocents:

Edit: My carry gun is 1300 dollars, which is why it never leaves my hip. ever. I dont think thats a bad habit to get into.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    Ever been to the YMCA down town or on the south side? That would make me want to carry in a fanny pack... I used to go to the YMCA down town at 5am every morning when I lived in Muncie.

Haha I know exactly what you are talking about and yes I have. It does get sketchy at times down there but I am comfortable with leaving it in my locker.

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Haha I know exactly what you are talking about and yes I have. It does get sketchy at times down there but I am comfortable with leaving it in my locker.

If I remember right there was an incident about 5 years ago at the one on the south side by the old K-Mart...

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    Remember the goal is self defense.

A gun is not your only option.

I work out with a knife, on my body. not in a locker. Shower with it etc.

Self defense is a 100% all the time state of being ready, and a gun is not your only tool to accomplish that.

Just sayin. If a gun doesnt work out for you during certain activities, switch to your knife.

:twocents:

Edit: My carry gun is 1300 dollars, which is why it never leaves my hip. ever. I dont think thats a bad habit to get into.

I agree with you 100%, my carry gun is a H&K so its not cheap but I always carry a blade on me just in case.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    If I remember right there was an incident about 5 years ago at the one on the south side by the old K-Mart...

There will always be incidents but some situations just don't dictate you being aloud to carry or even being sensible about carrying. When I worked out it was a pair of basket ball shorts and a t-shirt. The shorts can hold my knife but not a gun. You just have to adapt and over come, do what you can when you can with what you have.

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    There will always be incidents but some situations just don't dictate you being aloud to carry or even being sensible about carrying. When I worked out it was a pair of basket ball shorts and a t-shirt. The shorts can hold my knife but not a gun. You just have to adapt and over come, do what you can when you can with what you have.

Great point, but why did you make it again? Redundant for no reason...

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    NVM, I see why... my bad I didn't realize the point you were making at the end. I was just making small talk... haha sorry

Hey no worries friend, I am just glad that we can argue over why we don't carry at certain times instead of why we are not aloud to carry at all. Its great to live in a free state.

Top Bottom