• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    If you get involved in a self-defense shooting, the gun you use won't be an issue. If it has a 0.5 lb. trigger, it won't matter. For a person to use self-defense as a legal defense, he has to say, "Yes, I shot him. I shot him intentionally. And if I were presented with that same set of circumstances again, I would act the same way again. Any reasonable person would act the same way given the same set of circumstances."

The argument against lighter trigger pull weight is that it makes a gun easier to accidentally fire. But in claiming self-defense, there is no claim of accident. The trigger pull weight won't matter one bit.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    If you get involved in a self-defense shooting, the gun you use won't be an issue. If it has a 0.5 lb. trigger, it won't matter. For a person to use self-defense as a legal defense, he has to say, "Yes, I shot him. I shot him intentionally. And if I were presented with that same set of circumstances again, I would act the same way again. Any reasonable person would act the same way given the same set of circumstances."

The argument against lighter trigger pull weight is that it makes a gun easier to accidentally fire. But in claiming self-defense, there is no claim of accident. The trigger pull weight won't matter one bit.

It would be best of you replaced the above red statement with you "Feared for yourself and others lifes"

Telling them you shot them intentionally could possibly be construed as premeditated by law enforcement and prosecutors.

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    ^^^this
    i was told by a lawyer to say "i feared for my life, i want a lawyer" and say no more till your lawyer shows. and if you dont have one, then call a wife, or friend and have them find one before you say anything.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    It would be best of you replaced the above red statement with you "Feared for yourself and others lifes"

Telling them you shot them intentionally could possibly be construed as premeditated by law enforcement and prosecutors.

You don't say ANYTHING to the police or prosecutor. Sorry, I thought that part was a given.

The use of self-defense as a legal defense requires an express admission that the shooting was intentional. You don't have to say it that way, but you have to rule out the idea of accident in order to pursue the legal defense of self-defense. If it wasn't intentional, then you couldn't have done it to defend yourself.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    You don't say ANYTHING to the police or prosecutor. Sorry, I thought that part was a given.

The use of self-defense as a legal defense requires an express admission that the shooting was intentional. You don't have to say it that way, but you have to rule out the idea of accident in order to pursue the legal defense of self-defense. If it wasn't intentional, then you couldn't have done it to defend yourself.

Yup you go ahead and do that, by not saying "I feared for my life" you are leaving yourself open to it being interpreted as an intentional shooting. ie
    Manslaughter/murder.

I'm saying "I feared for my life" just as a couple of respected lawyers on here have recommended, the difference is I'm going home, you might be in for a bologna sandwich dinner.:D

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Yup you go ahead and do that, by not saying "I feared for my life" you are leaving yourself open to it being interpreted as an intentional shooting. ie
    Manslaughter/murder.

I'm saying "I feared for my life" just as a couple of respected lawyers on here have recommended, the difference is I'm going home, you might be in for a bologna sandwich dinner.:D

You follow the advice of your legal counsel; I'll follow the advice of mine. :)

Just so you know, though, saying "I feared for my life" to the police can't help you in court. It's just as good as saying nothing. What you say to the police can be used against you; it can't be used for you.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Whoever told you that was an idiot. I have no idea where anyone could come up with that. You are fine thru KY, TN and GA as well.

One thing you DO have to worry about in FLA is keeping your firearms covered. 100% including the holster.

Florida is a truly CONCEALED carry state and they issue a "Concealed Weapons License".

As provided in state statute in order for it to be concealed it must be covered by something or encased in something. If that something is a holster, they holster must be completely covered. Under those same statutes, printing is NOT a crime.

There are only two states firearms laws I know inside and out and as a Floridian, Florida is one of them.

Agreed, I lived in FL for many years and had a carry permit there, and my brother still lives there and has had a carry permit for many years. There is no such issue with hollow point ammo in FL.

Top Bottom