• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Sold my Hellcat to Carvana they gave me 7k over sticker for it? I paid 2k under sticker so 9 k profit? Plus 3500 miles on the car.

I just don’t see how that’s good business?
    When you see they have it for sale for 10-14k OVER sticker, you'll see why.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    @rkwhyte2 did you give them a referral name. You get $500 the other person gets $100.
    Nobody referred me I just was doing web searches and they popped up. I've been on their site many times just not looking for this particular car.
    After reading this again I see what you were saying. At this time nobody I know is looking for a car.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    If this 4 month old video is correct, Carvana is having a rough time with their touchless delivery business model. Stock price was $360 August 2021 and current $17.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If this 4 month old video is correct, Carvana is having a rough time with their touchless delivery business model. Stock price was $360 August 2021 and current $17.

Wow! What a scam…

The TLDW, they are a used car dealer trying to make money selling sub-prime auto loans they sell to investors. They are not making money, they have only had one profitable quarter. The founders are scamming investors.

Last edited:

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis

Human nature is a funny thing. Whenever someone does something that isn't the status quo, people come out of the woodwork to try to pressure them to conform. INGO is a microcosm of the world in that respect. This post and the guy getting attacked for prepping for a nuclear attack are prime examples.

Maybe Carvana is having a rough time. Maybe they won't be around in 3 days. If they are around when it is time to replace this vehicle (will be longer than 3 days), I'll probably be buying from them again.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If I hear one more "Someone was just looking at this. It could go any time." :runaway:

I'm still truck shopping and have heard this a bunch of times, along with "we have someone else coming to look at it later today". That and the email "call me, I have important information for you" is silly but ok. Note almost all of those trucks are still for sale. But I've also had the exact oppposite.

1) Sorry, the truck sold today. (It's still listed on their website and they still send me emails about it, but when I ask if it's there or not I get no answer, I don't know if the truck actually exists or they just leave it up to draw in traffic for a bait and switch)

2) The truck won't be for sale until later this week, it's being inspected and detailed now. Cool, I've got a guy coming by Wednesday to inspect it for me. Tuesday night: Sorry, someone just bought it sight unseen and financed it remotely, they are picking it up after it's detailed. And they actually did.

I'm so used to the 'someone else is going to buy it' that I was floored by the "it's not for sale...and it's gone" inverse!

I've looked at Carvana but they don't have what I'm looking for and, on trucks, have not been price competitive. If I wanted to *sell* a car, I'd definitely give them a shot, though.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I've looked at Carvana but they don't have what I'm looking for and, on trucks, have not been price competitive. If I wanted to *sell* a car, I'd definitely give them a shot, though.
    Based on the price paid upthread to Brad, It sounds like they CANT be competitive buying at that price point.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Human nature is a funny thing. Whenever someone does something that isn't the status quo, people come out of the woodwork to try to pressure them to conform. INGO is a microcosm of the world in that respect. This post and the guy getting attacked for prepping for a nuclear attack are prime examples.

Maybe Carvana is having a rough time. Maybe they won't be around in 3 days. If they are around when it is time to replace this vehicle (will be longer than 3 days), I'll probably be buying from them again.

Did you watch the video? They mislead as to what they are, are gaming investors, using investors money to try to beat competition that has to make a profit to stay in business while selling investors smoke and mirrors.

Just because the posts are in the Carvana thread does not have anything to do with your purchase there.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    End of story they're out $40k as I bought elsewhere and it really doesn't matter to them with their progressive millennial business template.
    Is everything that you don't like in your life a progressive millenial conspiracy?

Because the guy who founded Carvana is a bank fraud convicted felon Boomer who owns an apartment in Trump Tower in NY.

Just sayin...

:):

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Those grade school games are otherwise called negotiating. Their system cuts out all the local people that live in the local community, pay local taxes, and support the local community. They also often sell under value because they are funded by corporate money that believe they can kill the local businesses while they gain market share.

It will be great when a national corporation puts all the locals out of business and a couple of national corporations have monopoly control…
    If my community consisted of people with the ethics of the average car salesman, then it can burn to the ground while I go see what my Costco price is on a new car.

Even auto manufacturers are sick of their ****.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Is everything that you don't like in your life a progressive millenial conspiracy?

Because the guy who founded Carvana is a bank fraud convicted felon Boomer who owns an apartment in Trump Tower in NY.

Just sayin...

:):
    Personally I like to do business with places and people that make it easy to give them my money. Just like you with Costco, which I just joined as I saw what was happening with local prices. Although your comment was somewhat a gross generalization, so was mine about Carvana when I applied talking on the phone to millenial employees with their cue cards.

I liked the car but was unable to converse with their rigid business model. I don't mind taking some of the blame because I didn't get to see the car as I didn't want to play their game. I think it's fair to say this is becoming more frequent in society. Their stock price is a reflection on their business model no matter how I frame it. I got what I wanted, learned something and saved money.

1gunaholic

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 10, 2021
    Central Indiana
    CARVANA SUCKS!! I bought a Honda from them and it took them over 4 months to get me a title! After the 45 day temp tag expired, I called and they basically said "tough s**t." If I hadn't put so much money into it (tires, paintwork, exhaust), I would have made them take it back (FYI, dealers in Indiana have to get you a title w/in 31 days max). I'm SURE they would have loved to take the much improved, and now more valuable Honda back! BUYER BEWARE!!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    CARVANA SUCKS!! I bought a Honda from them and it took them over 4 months to get me a title! After the 45 day temp tag expired, I called and they basically said "tough s**t." If I hadn't put so much money into it (tires, paintwork, exhaust), I would have made them take it back (FYI, dealers in Indiana have to get you a title w/in 31 days max). I'm SURE they would have loved to take the much improved, and now more valuable Honda back! BUYER BEWARE!!
    Did you complain to the AG’s office? The PLA? BBB?

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    One of my in-laws had this happen with Carvana as well. It took her 4 or 5 months to get a title. Then when she went to title it, the BMV told her there was a lien on it. She ended up getting it figured out, not sure how but I believe she still has the car.

Glad to see a couple INGOers had good transactions without issues.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I never understood how anyone could look at a vehicle online and decide that's the car they want without seeing it in person or driving it to check the handling, ride, comfort, controls, etc. is what is expected.

Buy a major item on blind faith? No thanks.

It's like buying clothes or shoes online without knowing how they will fit or look on you. The only way I'll do that is if I go to a brick & mortar store and already know I'll buy that exact item.

How many of us would buy a gun they've never held or shot before? (well, not me at least)

Top Bottom