• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skindog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Columbus ohio
    any ideas on what happened here. This is new ammo Blazer, and Federal, I was looking at brass prior to throwing in the vibratory cleaner and seen this. I think this was fired from my buddy's xd40 and that he had a dirty chamber any ideas ? The one with both cases laying side by side the lower one has been resized, do you think I should use it . Only found 3 like this

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Toss them. Perchance your buddy didn't take a dremel to the feedramp of his barrel did he?

The only time I've seen it that bad was in my 10mm using cheap brass that had been reloaded enough times that it wasn't sizing properly to crimp into the bullet and bullet setback was creating a huge pressure spike, AND I was shooting it out of a gun (Colt Delta Elite) that had a massively unsupported throat.

CQB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Central North Forty
    Those look a lot like Glock smiley faces to me. Were you shooting a Glock also, or at a range and maybe these weren't your brass? I believe XD's have fully supported chambers, Glocks don't and hence will get this bulge. That being said, even Glocks don't normally do this on new factory ammo. If it just three cases I'd pitch them and keep an eye on which gun was doing it. May just be a fluke. Keep us updated. Good luck.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    That looks much worse than the bulges in my glock fired .40 brass.

I read all the posts about reloading .40 and shooting it in glocks, and couldnt see what the big deal was. My brass is BARELY bulged. Those pics above would worry the hell out of me.

Top Bottom