• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jghelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    May 12, 2010
    logansport IN
    Do you guys use the lee case trimmer with the lock stud , or do you use a stationary style case trimmer ( Lyman , rcbs , etc )
    Seems the lee is a lot cheaper and I cannot find one for sale of the bench mount models. Thanks , Jesse

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    This is what I use for .223, Going to do the same for .308 and .30-06

jghelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    May 12, 2010
    logansport IN
    Thank you for the information

rala

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Evansville
    Depends on what your looking for. If it's only to trim cases after multiple firing then the Lee are fine. No adjustability though. You get what Lee gives. If you are dealing with a match chamber or precision rifle then you need the fine tuning of a Hornady or RCBS. Also be careful when using any trimmer with an inside the neck mandrel that the neck is straight with no offset. Otherwise you won't get a square cut, and that could mean only a partial crimp. The bullet could move forward under recoil and cause jams.

jghelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    May 12, 2010
    logansport IN
    Depends on what your looking for. If it's only to trim cases after multiple firing then the Lee are fine. No adjustability though. You get what Lee gives. If you are dealing with a match chamber or precision rifle then you need the fine tuning of a Hornady or RCBS. Also be careful when using any trimmer with an inside the neck mandrel that the neck is straight with no offset. Otherwise you won't get a square cut, and that could mean only a partial crimp. The bullet could move forward under recoil and cause jams.
    Thank you very much for the info.. again very insightful :)

senork

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    NW Indiana
    The Lee Quick Trim and a cordless screwdriver work pretty well, as it trims, chamfers both inside and out. If you have a drill press, you might look into a RCBS tri way trimmer, it will do the same as the Quick Trim probably faster and maybe more accurately.

jghelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    May 12, 2010
    logansport IN
    The Lee Quick Trim and a cordless screwdriver work pretty well, as it trims, chamfers both inside and out. If you have a drill press, you might look into a RCBS tri way trimmer, it will do the same as the Quick Trim probably faster and maybe more accurately.
    Thank you very much :)

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    Unfortunately the photos in that thread are no longer visible.

efd1295

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Northern IN
    The RCBS tri-way trimmer in a Trim Mate 2 is also what I use. It's not cheaper, but works incredibly well and cuts down on a lot of double work. What I've learned is that the cheap stuff will work OK, but sometimes it costs you more time to get something done. I find it more enjoyable if I spend a few extra dollars to cut my processing time in half.
    I understand your frustration about stock availability. I just looked and didn't see it in stock anywhere, including Amazon.

jghelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    May 12, 2010
    logansport IN
    The RCBS tri-way trimmer in a Trim Mate 2 is also what I use. It's not cheaper, but works incredibly well and cuts down on a lot of double work. What I've learned is that the cheap stuff will work OK, but sometimes it costs you more time to get something done. I find it more enjoyable if I spend a few extra dollars to cut my processing time in half.
    I understand your frustration about stock availability. I just looked and didn't see it in stock anywhere, including Amazon.
    It sure has been rough finding things in stock. I may have a line on one local to me. Just waiting to hear back from the fella

Top Bottom