• Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Thanks gents.

I ordered and received a Lee trimmer to chuck in my drill press.

It's kind of fun to use, and does everything I need it to do, nothing I don't -- and it does it quickly and simply.

Josh

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    You were COMPLETELY correct!!

I've got a factory Remington 308 barrel here where the chamber neck length is .045" longer than the maximum "allowable" case length for a 308 Winchester.

I've got a factory Remington 30-06 barrel here where the chamber neck length is .036" longer than the maximum "allowable" case length for a 30-06 Springfield.

I've got a factory Remington 223 barrel here where the chamber neck length is .040" longer than the maximum "allowable" case length for a 223 Remington.

Needless to say, "trimmed as needed" doesn't occur very often (actually, never) on these barrels.

If you want to determine how long your chamber neck is, and what your maximum allowable case length is:

SINCLAIR INTERNATIONAL : Sinclair Chamber Length Gage -

I stand CORRECTED..I ordered/received my Sinclair Chamber Length Guages, and so far-My .223 Ruger M77 chamber is .022" longer than the 1.760" Max. OAL case length.==NO trim needed.:rolleyes:
    I also ordered the .243 for my 6MM Rem.+the .308 gauge for my .308 Win.==Will check the chambers on my other 700's at a later date.
    Here's why I like this Forum==I'm ALWAYS learning--In SPITE of myself..Thanks again Guys..Bill..:dunno:

Top Bottom