• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scowens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Just sharing a project: my vibrator is on the same bench as my loading equipment. Anytime I cleaned the brass, it was louder than what I wanted, so I put it on a timer and just did it overnight. Today, got a wild hair and built a box our of 1/4" plywood and put it over the vibrator. Knocked the noise down quite a bit! :) Nothing fancy, just a wooden box. Would be neat to find some of that foam egg crate stuff and staple to the inside....

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Just sharing a project: my [STRIKE]vibrator[/STRIKE] TUMBLER is on the same bench as my loading equipment. Anytime I cleaned the brass, it was louder than what I wanted, so I put it on a timer and just did it overnight. Today, got a wild hair and built a box our of 1/4" plywood and put it over the vibrator. Knocked the noise down quite a bit! :) Nothing fancy, just a wooden box. Would be neat to find some of that foam egg crate stuff and staple to the inside....

Now that I have saved this thread from going south real quick.....

That's a good idea. I don't tumble or own a tumbler, but the ones I've been around are LOUD. Good idea on shutting them up.

EDIT: DOH- TOO LATE, SORRY SCOWENS, I WASN'T QUICK ENOUGH!

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    A customer of mine did this for one of his Dillon tumblers.

After he bragged about it for awhile, I asked him if he had checked the interior temperature of his enclosure.

Off he goes, after 90 minutes with a loaded bowl, he claimed the interior temperature was 130F and the motor so hot he couldn't touch it.

He had been found of letting it run all night long, then unplugging it when he went to work the next morning.

Never did hear if he set it up outside to see how hot it actually got, but I figure he decided it wasn't too great of an idea after that.

Top Bottom