• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    Hell, they should "pay" people who have fathered 2 (or even one...) children that they are not adequately supporting to get vasectomies as well. Throw them a bone of a non-garnished $600 check to go be selfish with, because $600 would be wayyyyyyy cheaper than the total of the social assistance that their future unsupported offspring will require.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    uhhh.... so we give them money to buy more drugs, and then give them the ability to have sex without fear of siring children, so they do that endlessly, spreading their diseases around?

I love it!

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    uhhh.... so we give them money to buy more drugs, and then give them the ability to have sex without fear of siring children, so they do that endlessly, spreading their diseases around?

I love it!

You assume they had a fear of getting a women pregnant in the first place.

Also, you need to noodle out what kind of woman would sleep with a man like that.

Once you have all of those things down pat, you'll begin to see why this isn't the worst idea anyone has ever had.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    You assume they had a fear of getting a women pregnant in the first place.

Also, you need to noodle out what kind of woman would sleep with a man like that.

Once you have all of those things down pat, you'll begin to see why this isn't the worst idea anyone has ever had.

good point.

I don't think its the worst idea ever, I just don't think its a good one, whether or not the government gets involved... wouldn't these people and the money be served better by getting these people help and rehabilitation? most assuredly.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    good point.

I don't think its the worst idea ever, I just don't think its a good one, whether or not the government gets involved... wouldn't these people and the money be served better by getting these people help and rehabilitation? most assuredly.

Most people can't be rehabilitated. They are the way they are because that is their nature. Most rehabilitation comes from within. It's a conscious decision to change yourself and lifestyle. The 12 step is just a way to facilitate the inner change.

Just look at all the celebs who have been to "rehab" only to wind up doing the exact same thing 2 days later. The high rate of recidivism is another glaring stat showing that you can't force rehabilitation on people.

Giving these people the incentive to end their bad decisions with their life, and not bequeath them to the next generation is going to be much more effective than any 12 step. Especially considering that children who grow up in a destructive environment are more than likely to be destructive themselves, because that is what they have been taught is "normal."

Also, this is a private charity, not the government, which is the ONLY reason it's legal.

Here in the states it's illegal to put conditions or quid pro quo on government assistance.

Now, I am NOT for population control at all, but if people want to voluntarily sterilize themselves, I won't stand in their way.

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    I would joyously donate to a private charity that offered this type of incentive if one were to begin in the United States. Anyone in the mood to launch a 501(c)(3) today?

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Alot of kids that are born from addicts are really messed up as well. Coming out with mental problems, addiction problems, personality disorders, physical disabilities, etc... the list goes on. Not to mention the life these children are born into!

While disease is a huge issue, birthing another generation of degenerates due to their parent's mistakes should be a prime concern. Keep them from growing more...

The v-sact isn't mandatory there, so no issues with rights. The incentive is decent. While I will agree with the money being used for drugs again, that might be a moral problem that OTHERS need to grapple with, not I. That moral question is theirs to answer, NOT me. If someone wants to donate money to an organization that likes this program, fine by me. Anything is better than do little drug rehab programs that are in place. As one said earlier, addiction is never gone. Every addict I have known, while cleaned up from one drug, replaces that hole left by the drug with something else (gambling, drinking, theft, etc...).

Top Bottom