• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • csmith

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Clinton county
    Does anyone have any experience with one of these? Getting a new work phone and I have the option of that or another BB. Not sure of the BB model yet but whatever it is it will have to be better than my 2.5 year old 8330 curve. Has anyone had any problems going from BB to droid? Any info will be appreciated.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Casio-GzOne-Commando.jpg

Looks like a pretty sweet phone, supposed to be pretty tough!

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Out of the 10+ Casio G'zones we (myself and my immediate family) have had over the years, we've never had a single one that didn't give us problems. As a matter of fact, I quit buying them because they fail just as often as the little freebie phones.

I wouldn't get one, it's just not worth the additional cost (if you planned to pay for it) because they are no better than the free phones when it comes to reliability.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I've had two Boulders and one Ravine. They all have been built like tanks, no problems with any of them. They are the only cell phones that I have ever owned that did not fail within the two year contract. LG's Motorolas and Samsungs have all taken a dump on me, but not these. I have worn these all day long in water parks, even had them turned on and submerged for extended periods, with zero issues. They have been dropped on to concrete from heights that have shattered phones in the past with no more then a scratch.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    reading some reviews, it looks like it has a slower processor and older version of android. I'm no expert though, so maybe somebody more tech savvy can weigh in.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    reading some reviews, it looks like it has a slower processor and older version of android. I'm no expert though, so maybe somebody more tech savvy can weigh in.

When you get a budget smart phone that is exactly what you get. I see a lot of skewed results because people buy a lesser phone expecting more out of it. When I got my first windows mobile phone I knew exactly what I was getting into and didn't set the bar too high and I was pleased with it. Same with my second windows mobile phone. I didn't set the bar too high and it fulfilled all of its needs with minimum frustration. ANY phone can be slow, I can make my incredible bog down with ridiculous apps and widgets but I choose not to. Electronics like guns are at the mercy of who is holding them and can greatly effect performance in both negative and positive ways.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I've had three generations of G'Zone phones. The first Gen I had to have replaced twice because the external speaker (and only method of the phone ringing) went out twice. Verizon gave me new phones for free both times because it failed. The other two generations of the G'Z'one phones I had were fine. All three were the only phones I've ever owned that lasted the entire life of the service contract. I am currently using a 4G Thunderbolt... and doing so with kid gloves because I'm rough on phones.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    I've had three generations of G'Zone phones. The first Gen I had to have replaced twice because the external speaker (and only method of the phone ringing) went out twice. Verizon gave me new phones for free both times because it failed. The other two generations of the G'Z'one phones I had were fine. All three were the only phones I've ever owned that lasted the entire life of the service contract. I am currently using a 4G Thunderbolt... and doing so with kid gloves because I'm rough on phones.

Stop putting them in the speedo

Top Bottom