• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WelchyV90

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2020
    Indiana
    Does anyone have a lead on good molds for 9x39 bullets? Looking for something in the 230-310 grain range. Also looking for load data on it. Have done some scouring but have come up dry. Any info would be appreciated.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Does anyone have a lead on good molds for 9x39 bullets? Looking for something in the 230-310 grain range. Also looking for load data on it. Have done some scouring but have come up dry. Any info would be appreciated.

I would do a search on Castboolits.com and I would bet you will find loads of information,and place a WTB ad there, loads of smart casters on there.
    NOE and many other mold manufactures build or will build you what you are looking for, I am a Steve Brooks fan myself.
    If I were you I would slug the bore of your barrel before I bought a mold, and figure out what alloy you plan on casting with and those will tell you and the mold maker what size you need to drop bullets at. Also figure out how you are going to lube the bullet, traditional grooves and lube, tumble lube or powder coat.

View attachment 88956

WelchyV90

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2020
    Indiana
    I would do a search on Castboolits.com and I would bet you will find loads of information,and place a WTB ad there, loads of smart casters on there.
    NOE and many other mold manufactures build or will build you what you are looking for, I am a Steve Brooks fan myself.
    If I were you I would slug the bore of your barrel before I bought a mold, and figure out what alloy you plan on casting with and those will tell you and the mold maker what size you need to drop bullets at. Also figure out how you are going to lube the bullet, traditional grooves and lube, tumble lube or powder coat.

View attachment 88956
    Well I know several things. One the bullets will be .365 diameter, two I will be powder coating them, three case pressure won't be high since all of my load will be sub's out of an 8.1 inch barrel.

I will check these other sources out though, thanks.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    How much build up are you getting with your powder coat?
    Was wondering if some of the larger as-cast diameter .358 molds could work for you.

WelchyV90

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2020
    Indiana
    How much build up are you getting with your powder coat?
    Was wondering if some of the larger as-cast diameter .358 molds could work for you.

Unfortunately I haven't any .358 molds but I haven't had enough build up on powder coating to justify using those. Thanks though.

Top Bottom