Casual small group Indy south side area meet up?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Would be like what MSG2 was but smaller group much smaller area and probably more casual.

It has been discussed some and there has been some interest in some casual meet ups for the south side folks.

Would need to stick to the general south side area.

Reasoning behind the south side area is because I was apart of MSG2 and the main meet up locations were a bit of a drive for quite a few. One or two I went to was an hour drive... Could not be avoided because MSG2 covered all of central IN.

My schedule changes every 2 months or so and I work out of town quite a bit and with having a family I am more for a "hey what are you doing next Saturday" type deal or even short notice stuff....

I'd be interested in something turning into a deal were we have everyone's phone numbers and can send out text messages when say someone blows up their house with natural gas or as a "anyone want to meet up next Saturday".

Would keep everything located in the greenwood/beech grove/southport area... If people from other areas wanted to come they could obviously but would want to keep get togethers in a smaller area to keep drive times down for the core group.

I know a little about a lot of things but honestly am better and say showing you how to build a shelter then teaching you.

At some point may entertain having people over... Pro gun neighbors and I have a fire pit and a basketball court out back.

If you are seriously interested post a reply and I will sent out a mass pm. Also post what days or times are a no go for you.

Also have a 3 year old son and a new born, 3 year old lives others kids and went to MSG2 meetings with me and wife is like minded.

Also post what you have to offer or if you just want to learn, I come from a descent survival/ search and rescue background but again have found I am better at showing then teaching. Know a little in the communications department.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    I'm game. I know a little about a lot like yourself.

I am an experienced welder and fabricator. I'm an ok machinist.

Cpr certified, glock dr, mosin healer, and a whole host of other skills id rather not post.

Sorry Mosinguy you can't ride with me to meets. LoL

davidc912

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    South of Indy
    I'm interested. I'm just south of Greenwood so that would be perfect.

I have a pretty extensive background in municipal water systems, some firefighting, basic first aid (CPR, AED, etc.), firearms, reloading... There's a lot I would like to learn though insofar as actual emergency preparedness goes that doesn't involve tv shows, foil helmets, and drinking my own pee.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I would be interested but I am just a little further north off of Brookville Rd. Depending on how the first couple of meetings go I might be willing to host a meeting or two where we can work on outdoor survival skills building shelter, fire, snares, etc.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    I am interested. I am a Mechanic, Fabricator, welder, I have a busy family but one that is on board Jack of all trades master at none.

Rikkrack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Montgomery Co
    I give most of the classes at ISD. Can contribute Aquaponics, Gardening, back yard food production skills. Anythign I give at the classes.

Would be nice to find something closer and group closer. Most of people attending classes are from all over Indiana.

g.mccormick

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    New Whiteland
    I'm interested. I'd also fall into the "knows a little about a lot" group. I'm definitely looking to learn more. My schedule is whatever it is. I may be available, but I may be out of town on work. I'm in New Whiteland

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Just found out I have to go out of town for work for a while so just a heads up.

Would the greenwood/southport/beech grove/greater area be convenient for everyone.

Going to give a garden a second try this year... Put it in a bad spot last year. I may consider having people over who want to practice gardening skills?

Rikkrack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Montgomery Co
    Would be glad to give pointers or help before work begins. Have done this for others. Plan and map it all out and make recommendations. We have multiple gardens and a greenhouse.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Definitely interested. I work a fairly straight 8-5 M-F schedule. I'm outdoors. If it's camping, hiking, kayaking, backpacking etc. I've probably done it. Trying to become a better hunter, gardener.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I'm interested also, and my back yard can be used for experimentation, teaching, outdoorsy stuff. Some fallen trees, and limbs to chop on, build shelters, etc., creek running through,just no shooting,:( inside of Greenwood city limits)
    And Mosinguy, I don't mind giving you a ride, if needed.

MagicKev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    We are interested. Martinsville here. We travel a great deal for work, but when we're home we pretty flexible.

Top Bottom