• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So...my son calls me this evening and asks about muffler repair. I ask him why and he says his car sounds like a stock car now. Him not being very mechanically inclined, I instructed him to go out and inspect his exhaust system and make sure nothing's missing. And sure enough, about 15 minutes later he calls back and says a section of his exhaust has been cut out. (Since I can't see it, I'm assuming it's the CC).

He's going to the Art Institute at The Pyramids and said it was fine when he went to class today. I've told him to contact the school in case there are surveillance tapes and get a report---just in case.

Anybody have a exhaust "guy" they would recommend up in that area I could point him to?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Hard to believe that someone would actually be that brazen. :rolleyes: Sad. Thieves are the lowest life form. Sorry.
    Yeah, you'd think somebody would have seen something...He's learning about life "in the big city".
    That's just nuts that the dirtbags are chopping them out in the day light.

What kind of car?
    Olds Alero.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Some place like Ralph's Muffler would be cheap, and decent quality. Car-X or Meineke can do it but usually run more because they use pre-fabricated exhaust from walker or another supplier.

Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    My company lost 4 in one night last summer because of low life d-bags. All off large delivery box trucks and put them out of commission waiting for unavailable replacements. I wanted to run electrical along the pipe for the next time when they cut through..zzzzz.....couldn't get a nod or wink with the go ahead.....not sure why :dunno: POS.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm still thinking one could get very creative with superglue and fishing hooks, maybe a couple razor blades just to round things out?
    Kinda purplish maybe...? :)

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I used to put straight pipe in place of them when I live in Alabama and owned a Muffler Shop. I did them for $20. Even did the cars for the Sheriffs Dept. We called them "test pipes" to test and see if the converter was causing an issue.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    So...my son calls me this evening and asks about muffler repair. I ask him why and he says his car sounds like a stock car now. Him not being very mechanically inclined, I instructed him to go out and inspect his exhaust system and make sure nothing's missing. And sure enough, about 15 minutes later he calls back and says a section of his exhaust has been cut out. (Since I can't see it, I'm assuming it's the CC).

He's going to the Art Institute at The Pyramids and said it was fine when he went to class today. I've told him to contact the school in case there are surveillance tapes and get a report---just in case.

Anybody have a exhaust "guy" they would recommend up in that area I could point him to?

That really sucks. The exact same thing happened to my Toyota truck a few years ago. Right in front of my house. Scumbags.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I used to put straight pipe in place of them when I live in Alabama and owned a Muffler Shop. I did them for $20. Even did the cars for the Sheriffs Dept. We called them "test pipes" to test and see if the converter was causing an issue.
    Exactly! We arent in kommiefornia....I dont need no stinking catalytic converter! :rockwoot:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Exactly what I was thnking. It makes one heck of a lot of noise if you saw them off with a Sawsall.

What is it they say? if a thief uses a sawsall to cut off a catalytic and there is no one around to hear him, is he still a douche? :):

You'd be surprised how often this works and they get away. in the middle of a business district with no one around, typically its easy pickins, regardless of how loud it is...(in a business park, there is no one to wake up)

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I have cut hundreds of exhaust pipes with a sawsall when I had my own shop and I can tell you it isn't as easy as one might think. The car has to be high enough to get under it and once the saw blade gets past 1/2 way it will bind if not held up to keep it from pinching the blade.

People are just oblivious to what is going on around them. If it doesn't directly affect them, then they just don't care. I wonder how many people would get involved if they saw somebody back into a parked car in a parking lot and just leave. I would and have taken pictures of the cars license plates and went back in the store to have them page the owner of the damaged car.

Top Bottom