• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Anyone familier with the Cato instituite?
    This last week i was fortunate enough to attend their week long 'cato university' on political economy at their building in DC and I cant say enough good things about it
    If anyone ever gets the chance or has the desire to go Id highly suggest it.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I love the CATO Institute....I have been following them for years....In my mid 20's I began watching C Span and noticed people I tended to agree with were from an organization called the CATO Institute....Being a huge fan of The Green Hornet as well as Inspector Clouseau I was intrigued by the name (it has nothing to do with either but I liked the name connection...) John Lott is very active with them IIRC....

First started following them in my mid 20's...Hmmmmm....Very interesting......:)

[video=youtube;OC5Ldo1DjGk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC5Ldo1DjGk[/video]

[video=youtube;9uhrB5MEcEs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uhrB5MEcEs[/video]

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Also followed Cato Institute for a long time. In fact, for some reason, I think they had something that distributed to the first Palm Pilot devices. I think that's when I started following them.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Anyone familier with the Cato instituite?
    This last week i was fortunate enough to attend their week long 'cato university' on political economy at their building in DC and I cant say enough good things about it
    If anyone ever gets the chance or has the desire to go Id highly suggest it.

Care to give us a summary?

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'll post the schedule here when I get a minute but it was 4 days of talks from some of the leaders in modern classical liberal thought. Speakers included Susan Herman, president of the ACLU David Boaz, Randy Barnett who argued Obamacare in the supreme court. Got to eat supper on the Hill with Justin Amash and hear him speak. Actually ate in the Cannon Caucus room which formerly held hearings of the House Un American activities committee.

Top Bottom