Caught! Minnesota Muslims with 'bomb-making devices' in car.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    These are not the barristers you seek.

:)

images.jpg

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Alrifahe, 27, was charged with a gross misdemeanor for carrying a handgun in public without a permit and was convicted of the offense in December.

So...are we ok with that? Constitutional carry applies regardless of religion, right?

Where's all my "thought crime" folks at? Riding around with weapons isn't illegal...is it? Are we ok with people being detained for weapons?

Just food for thought in "careful what you wish for." If you limit police's ability to investigate based on presence of weapons, the law abiding aren't the only ones who benefit from that. Terrorists and more run-of-the-mill criminals will be detected with weapons less often. If that's worth it or not is something folks will argue until the cows come home, then until the cows go back out again, until even the cows are pretty over it.

On a side note, I do find it funny this was uncovered due to littering. Food wrappers being tossed on the ground spirals into potential terrorists being apprehended.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I suspect those of us that live in states with enough sense not to import trouble will regret states like Minnesota doing so long before they, themselves do.

They first imported Norwegian farmers .... and look what havoc that wrought. (eyebrows too)

keillor-mr-snow-retard.jpg

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Alrifahe, 27, was charged with a gross misdemeanor for carrying a handgun in public without a permit and was convicted of the offense in December.

So...are we ok with that? Constitutional carry applies regardless of religion, right?

Where's all my "thought crime" folks at? Riding around with weapons isn't illegal...is it? Are we ok with people being detained for weapons?

Just food for thought in "careful what you wish for." If you limit police's ability to investigate based on presence of weapons, the law abiding aren't the only ones who benefit from that. Terrorists and more run-of-the-mill criminals will be detected with weapons less often. If that's worth it or not is something folks will argue until the cows come home, then until the cows go back out again, until even the cows are pretty over it.

On a side note, I do find it funny this was uncovered due to littering. Food wrappers being tossed on the ground spirals into potential terrorists being apprehended.

He has also been convicted of receiving stolen property. Both men are listed as having numerous arrests, not only in Minnesota but also in Texas.

Not just the handgun charge BBI. As far as arriving because of litterbugs and busting terrorists, I'm for it. You can't always count on the bad guys to blow themselves up.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Yes, we are OK with that.

Constitutional carry applies to all religions, creeds, national origin, hairstyles, body types . . . with the exception of rhino.

People of INGO support Thought Crime? Don't disbelieve but that's a new one on me.

No, riding around with weapons is not illegal. It depends on what you are doing with the weapons.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think there's a significant number of INGOers who think that it doesn't only matter what you DO with the weapons, but what you MIGHT do with the weapons.

If there was an INGO poll that asked "should devout Muslims in America be allowed to possess firearms" I'd guess that at least 10% of INGO respondents would answer negatively.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    He has also been convicted of receiving stolen property. Both men are listed as having numerous arrests, not only in Minnesota but also in Texas.

Not just the handgun charge BBI. As far as arriving because of litterbugs and busting terrorists, I'm for it. You can't always count on the bad guys to blow themselves up.

Just shows criminals can't help but be criminals. When you purposefully violate the big rules of society, the little ones aren't worth your notice. Drug mules caught speeding always makes you wonder. If I had a load of dope, stolen jewelry, or a murder weapon in my car, I'd be the world's most careful driver...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I think there's a significant number of INGOers who think that it doesn't only matter what you DO with the weapons, but what you MIGHT do with the weapons.

If there was an INGO poll that asked "should devout Muslims in America be allowed to possess firearms" I'd guess that at least 10% of INGO respondents would answer negatively.

I believe (or want to believe) you are rather high with 10%.

Muslims should have guns, so they can dispose of their insane governments.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Just shows criminals can't help but be criminals. When you purposefully violate the big rules of society, the little ones aren't worth your notice. Drug mules caught speeding always makes you wonder. If I had a load of dope, stolen jewelry, or a murder weapon in my car, I'd be the world's most careful driver...

It's the "if you can't do the small stuff, how can you work on the multi-million dollar aircraft?" question. If you have prior arrests, IED parts and a grenade in your car, don't litter. If you do litter, be polite to the person who calls you out for being a litterbug. If you threaten someone, they will call the police. In most cities, the police will show up.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

On a side note,
    I do find it funny this was uncovered due to littering. Food wrappers being tossed on the ground spirals into potential terrorists being apprehended.

Littering is serious business. Especially when coupled with creatin' a nuisance. Arlo Guthrie even wrote a song about it... ;)

Top Bottom