• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BURNSURVIVOR725

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Vincennes
    Im leaving tonight for Alabama and my dad has put a CB in the durango im driving down there. since its going to take 14 hours it will give me something to do and someone to talk to once my friends go to sleep.

whats the proper etiquette? do i have to break every time i want to start a conversation? this is my first time using one and dont want to make a fool of myself. thanks everyone!

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    wp89e84cb0300x232.png

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Etiquette? Have you ever listened to the truckers talk?

No need to "break" every time you jump on. I just do a quick "Breaker, breaker, anyone got their ears on?" if I'm looking for someone to talk to or wanting some info. Yeah, its cheezy, but it works. Once you and some guys are talking, no need to break in again.

I usually just monitor 19 and listen to the truckers rib each other. I'll jump on to check road conditions or exit numbers. Its fun trying to decipher all of their slang (chicken coops, bear bait, etc...).

If you want to get 'em ALL talking like fools, put a lady on the radio. Truckers are a lonely bunch....

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    if you want to get them going on the radio when you drive by a truck stop get on there and say you lazy truck drivers get out of there and go to work. that will get them started.

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Bear, smokey bear, plain ___(color)__ wrapper, full grown, dot, black n white (depending on state) ours is black n gold/white n blue, are all slang for slow down there's a cop.

Don't worry about the "chicken coopes". = weight stations

Lot lizard = hooker and so does "commercial"

"gator" is a tire tread in the road.

The rest is just saying "shut up stupid" & "I aint got no panties on"

WILSON

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Top, left-hand corne
    Im leaving tonight for Alabama and my dad has put a CB in the durango im driving down there. since its going to take 14 hours it will give me something to do and someone to talk to once my friends go to sleep.

whats the proper etiquette? do i have to break every time i want to start a conversation? this is my first time using one and dont want to make a fool of myself. thanks everyone!

BURNSURVIVOR725, just listen (to ch 19) for awhile, then ask a question here & there. There's not really much "etiquette" involved; there never was (not even in CB's heyday in the mid-70's).

It's a lot like a guntalk board - you'll probably run across some decent, polite people,.. and maybe a few *********s. Don't take anything said too seriously. ;)

down3green

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Brown County

It's been a while - like 35 years - but I'm pretty sure you gotta say "breaker breaker one nine ya got yer local yokel in a plain brown wrapper takin' pictures at mile marker 74."

Or something like that.

Last edited:

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    Good buddy is slang for batting for the other team.
    Pickle Park is a rest area.
    If you hear someone go there is a bear at 103 over 2. That means there is a cop at the 103.2 mile maker. Some states have the mile marker post broken down into .2 miles.
    Bear with a customer is a cop that has stopped someone.

I don't know what happens when I drive through Kansas but I almost never hear anyone talking on the cb's out there. Guess there has to be someone out there to talk to first.

Top Bottom