• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    So my wife and I are part of a small group through our local church. We know everyone in the group pretty well and feel comfortable around all of them. Last night after meeting we started talking about hunting which lead to guns which lead to shooting.

My wife entered the conversation (at the time was me and two other guys) and was talking about how I got her a pink gun that she loves. One of the guys calls his wife over and says hey she has a gun I think we shoud get you one. After we talked for a while, my wife mentioned getting her LTCH. One of the guys said he just got is and the other said he has had his for many years.

Next the question was asked, do you carry on a regular basis? My wife answered that I do everywhere I go (unless there is a sign that says I can't ;)). Now my wife knows not to annouce that I carry, but in this stituation it was okay to do so. The guy that just got his LTCH said he does now as well and so did the guy that has had is for years. Anyways we started talking about carry pieces and one guy carries a Glock:noway: and the other a XD sub compact :yesway:.

I now feel safer than ever going to church as well as small group!!:rockwoot:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I just about gave you some "advice" before I saw your ;) . The other day we had to go to our hospital and the wife sees a big sign on the door that says "no firearms". She pointed it out to me, I replied, "yep" and we continued on in.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    . . . and the wife sees a big sign on the door that says "no firearms". She pointed it out to me, I replied, "yep" and we continued on in.
    Got to love those silly signs. The best sign is posted on JARED JEWELRY stores front entrance here in Indiana. It cites an OHIO firearms code. Apparently they are not aware at Jared that we are not subject to OHIO laws inside the state of Indiana? But the fact that the sign exists is good enough reason for me to NOT ever shop there.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Got to love those silly signs. The best sign is posted on JARED JEWELRY stores front entrance here in Indiana. It cites an OHIO firearms code. Apparently they are not aware at Jared that we are not subject to OHIO laws inside the state of Indiana? But the fact that the sign exists is good enough reason for me to NOT ever shop there.

Oh, I'd go and shop there. I just wouldn't buy there.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I wouldn't support them then. In fact I'd probably pull the sign down. I have a habit of doing that. :D

I don't support Paypal b/c it is owned by anti-gun Ebay. I don't shop at Ebay either.

My two cents worth. I'll pay more off a guy who supports what I believe in than I will off a corp. or business that does'nt.

I think it's time we dumped Ebay and Paypal. Why support them? They don't support you. They'll take your money, and then use it to buy your rights from you.

sorry for the thread diversion... back to 'scared in church'.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I kind of feel like church is one of the more important places to carry. It's a large group, most of whom are facing the same direction. Attention is focused on something else besides peripheral activity. People are generally in a relaxed (if not sleepy) state.

And a BG might expect it to be a pretty much gun-free zone. His expectation would be dead wrong at my church.

We had an incident once (before I was carrying) wherein a guy approached the pulpit during the sermon and made some weird gestures, pointing to his pocket and speaking only loud enough for the pastor to hear him. That guy is lucky he didn't get taken down, at least by a flying scissors kick to the head. (Not by me, of course. No more ups in my legs. I could have rolled over him.)

That guy turned out to just be crazy, not threatening. But that was one of the incidents that made me decide to carry.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    You know what? I think I'm wrong. I could have sworn that daycare was included in schools, but I can't find any mention of it.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Carry at church=good.

I've only (as far as I know) been caught once. I had my XD40SC IWB under a suit and one of the old guys bumped it and said, "what have you got, a gun?" and I said, "yeah, of course I do. I have a family to take care of." He said something approving after that; I can't remember exactly what it was. I talk guns with a bunch of the guys at the church. In fact, pretty much any time I hear the staff evangelist talking to someone in the foyer, he's talking about guns.

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    I know of several men at my church who carry on a regular basis. A young guy at the church is in the process of organizing a group shoot that should include at least half-a-dozen guys. +1 for carry at church.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Licensed day cares fall into the "school" thing, along with preschool and K-12.

The absurdity of this is, how can the state dictate to churches and parochial schools what is allowed or not on their property? The apocryphal "separation of church and state" has resulted in the removal of several monuments with the Ten Commandments inscribed around the state from state or municipally owned properties. How can there be a separation that prevents displaying a historical document because of its religious origins, yet no separation when the state dictates what objects are not allowed in religious schools? Hmm?

In any event, this is yet another reason why our #1 (or close to it) legislative goal should be to eliminate the nullification of our License to Carry Handgun on school property. The current law does zero to make anyone safer, and does much to put a lot of defenseless people at greater risk than need to be.

Top Bottom