• ...and so much more!
  • goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I'd love to try that out... your pic above did not come through...

My hands are large... with fingers splayed, from tip of thumb to tip of pinky is around 8.75 inches wide. (yes, I just measured it :D)

Wrist to tip of middle finger is around 7.5 inches... so yeah, I need a good grip. :) I'm planning on getting the Hogue Handall Jr for my PF9... it's just a little too slim for my paws now!

You can't see the pic? Hmmm.... How about now?

Actually, I think I know you. Did you used to/still work for SR?

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Yes Sunrise. I used to work in the Sales Dept.

Not sure why the pic is not showing up. Hmmm..... Wonder if it's doing that to all of them. Will try again.

Then yes, we probably do know each other! Of course I'm kinda hard to miss at 6'7" and 350+lbs!

Oh and the PIC finally showed up. Forgive me all for being slow... but how does a holster like that work for IWB?

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Then yes, we probably do know each other! Of course I'm kinda hard to miss at 6'7" and 350+lbs!

Oh and the PIC finally showed up. Forgive me all for being slow... but how does a holster like that work for IWB?

Yeah, I thought that was you.

You are welcome to give my XD9SC a try anytime. I think you will find it much to your liking. I would think that easier to conceal/carry than the XDM's. I even have a shoulder rig that it rides nicely in without being to heavy.

As for the holster, I run my belt in through the backside and across the front of the holster and then back through. It keeps the sidearm snug against my side. When I'm OC, I have a Serpa Blackhawk with the paddle. Sometimes I can get away with using the belt attachment on the Serpa if I CC and it doesn't print too badly. Just depends on the shirt I'm wearing.

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    I know, I know... the Kel-Tec and the UM's IWB were both impulse buys, I know better, but... not saying that the Kel-Tec wasn't a good purchase, I think it fills my needs perfectly without costing me $500+ (Khar was my other option, since no one down here seems to be able to get the DBack DB9 in for me!)

I wouldn't have bought the Uncle Mikes at all, but I didn't have a holster for it at all.... should have just saved myself the $11!

Keltec's not a bad gun, but if you're looking for a DB9 try Bradis. I didn't actually see one there, but they said they get them in pretty often. I went to get a LCR last week, and ended up with a DB 380. It fit my hand better, and with a UM pocket holster, it just disappears in my weak side pocket. It's a great bug and I hardly notice I have it with me.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Keltec's not a bad gun, but if you're looking for a DB9 try Bradis. I didn't actually see one there, but they said they get them in pretty often. I went to get a LCR last week, and ended up with a DB 380. It fit my hand better, and with a UM pocket holster, it just disappears in my weak side pocket. It's a great bug and I hardly notice I have it with me.

I have a nice .380... really like it, but it's just not economical to shoot it. I really like to shoot, and at almost $40/100 locally, I just can't do it. I figured I could drive up to Bradis, etc... but that takes more convincing of the wife! The only thing I could find that I didn't like with the DB9 was the no slide lock on last round... otherwise I really wanted the DB9c compensated model...

csmith

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Clinton county
    I have a desantis tuck this II IWB holster for my M&P 40c. It rides nice and low and is made to have a shirt tucked into it. I really like mine comfort and ride height wise but it tends to not be as secure as I would like it to be. The clip is really tight so I don't think it will ever fall out of my pants but it does tend to shift a little on occasion. But for less than $30 i'm happy with it.

Top Bottom