• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    OP, you can carry in NOLA, but be warned that their law on carrying in bars is contradictory, so do not carry where alcohol is served. Don't be a test case. I carry there all the time when we go and just make a habit of staying out of bars and places with bars. Despite their crime rates, NOLA is a relatively safe place if you stay in the good areas. We've never had a problem anywhere there and we walk all over the place.

Last edited:

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    My Daughter lives in Northern Louisiana. As others have said Louisiana honor Indiana LTCH. There are some differences though. A "no firearms" sign has the wieght of law. No carring in a church or places that sell alcohol (as in to be consumed places)

You must inform an LEO if stopped. And the best is you can carry a loaded handgun in your car without having a LTCH or CCW. Louisiana considers your car an extension of your home aka castle doctrine!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    OP, you can carry in NOLA, but be warned that their law on carrying in bars is contradictory, so do not carry where alcohol is served. Don't be a test case. I carry there all the time when we go and just make a habit of staying out of bars and places with bars. Despite their crime rates, NOLA is a relatively safe place if you stay in the good areas. We've never had a problem anywhere there and we walk all over the place.

Didn't carry there - wasn't too bad, but some of the cemeteries made me feel like a fish in a barrel.

Does a place like the Acme Oyster House, where you can get a beer with dinner, qualify as a "bar"? Because there's no way I could stay out of there - I love me some chargrilled oysters!

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Didn't carry there - wasn't too bad, but some of the cemeteries made me feel like a fish in a barrel.

Does a place like the Acme Oyster House, where you can get a beer with dinner, qualify as a "bar"? Because there's no way I could stay out of there - I love me some chargrilled oysters!
    I never carry at the Acme. There's a bar down the left side of the place. LOL. I've never had any issues, but I stay out of the graveyards. They're a crime magnet. Lots of muggings in there, unless you're on a sizable tour. Next time you're at the Acme, tho make sure to try the Pecan Cobbler. OMG! Best desert in NOLA. As for oysters....I prefer mine raw. Little lemon and some hot sauce and I'm good to go.

Top Bottom