• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • satchmo72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    I am going to start carrying more and got to thinking that my Otterbox Defender for my Iphone (which is a huge case) is going to print much like my G19 (OWB Fobus paddle) is going to depending on the shirt.

How the heck is anyone going to know what is under the shirt? I gotta wonder if people already think I carry since i always wear my shirt over my phone. Sometimes I even have to carry 2 phones due to work. I would feel like Jesse James with one on each hip.

Just a thought

mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    you could strap a gun to your chest with neon outline, the vast majority of people won't notice

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    In this day and time, people will more than likely thing you have a big phone (or 2 phones) than a gun. If really concerned, lok for an IWB or 'pancake' holster. I use the Highnoon Skintight, and you cannot tell if is a phone or a gun. -- Greg

satchmo72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    I would recommend a better holster than a Fobus though.

I totally agree after going out tonight. The Fobus will work nice for FNS but prints way too much. I had a football jersey on tonight and it sucked. some research is due I think. I looked at the crossbreeds but need to look more.

I told the wife, "I feel like LEO, I have 2 phones and my gun on my belt, my midsection looks like Oprah on an eating binge"

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Lately I OC a .357 S&W model 19.
    I can count on 2 hands the # of people that even seemed to notice.

I can second that. I have recently taken to OC of my 66 Smith, and nobody seems to notice that I have seen. I think if getting noticed is the goal, I would have to step up to the 71/2" Blackhawk with full cartridge belt.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I used to worry about printing quite a bit but as mmills said, noone will notice. And those that do recognize it are probably other carry holders.

flhultra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    corydon area
    Sometimes it's fun to watch the ( OOH S*** ) looks try a drop leg tactical.
    to stay hidden I like the Old Faithful ITW hip , A FNX 45 can be hidden with only a t shirt.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    For what it's worth, i think we give the general public way more credit than they deserve. Most are so daft and unaware of their surroundings that you could have an ar over your shoulder and they wouldnt notice, let alone notice someone printing.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I don't carry a gun, but I am radio active. Stay away.

That is printed my T-Shirts in the Summer. In the Winter, it's printed on my Hoodie.

I have no close friends, but people leave me alone. I always move to the head of the line at McDonalds and there is alway room at the Movie Theaters.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I carry a .357 Ruger sp101 in my front pocket. I am sure that it prints like john holmes, But nobody ever seems to notice. On the extremely rare times when I am asked what I have in my pocket, I ask back "What, are you cockeyed?" After asking that they run away faster than if they knew it was a gun. I don't believe that 99.999% of the people will notice you printing. 99.999% of the people who DO NOTICE will mind their own business.

Top Bottom