• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garrett72

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Granger, In
    I just saw that CCI is making .22lr ammo for the AR styled rifles. My M&P 15-22 can be a little picky with dinner and I was just wondering if anyone has tried this "new" ammo yet, and if so what are your thoughts. Also how does it compare in price to the cheap stuff..federal bulk pack..etc.

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    CCI T 22 lr

I heard it was good? I was hoping CCI would make standard vel
    22lr so we could use it in suppressors w/o the lead. I don't know
    what it costs. MiNi mags always works in my 22's, I do not have
    any tact 22 rifles though.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I am interested as well even though I don't have any "AR or Tactical" .22 rifles. Naming for the load has a certain marketing flare and is a little bit silly. Aside from that Federal had an excellent loading called the AutoMatch. It fed good, was reliable and accuracy was excelent in all of my guns. If I could find a reliable source for the AutoMatch load this is all I would buy and shoot.

The AutoMatch loading was a 40 gr. LRN launched at an advertised 1200 fps. It was sold in 375 packs. Same specs as the AR tactical loading. Makes me wondered if they simply copper plated the bullets and reintroduced the load. If that is the case then I am all in and want to buy some. Cabelas is advertising 1500 rounds (4 x 375) for about $95. Seems a little steep to me! But if it shoots like the AutoMatch it might still be worth the price.

Kingpin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Grant County
    I have used this ammo in a s and w 15-22 works better than other ammo i have tried standard CCI works well also, cheap remingtons not so good havent tried federals yet. My son has a AR with a conversion kit and its about the only ammo he can use with any reliable results

clayshooter99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    I bought some of the Automatch and it was great in warm weather but while shooting this winter I had around 10% that really sounded and felt weak.

Top Bottom