• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    North West Indiana
    What are your thoughts?

I will not self incriminate myself and say I do this. However, are you willing to allow yourself and/or others to be harmed because you submitted to your rights being violated. If the sign says no guns, i wont go. But if i did find myself frequenting such a place that i could not practically avoid, I believe it better to have and live than have not and die. If it is concealed, it's not a problem. Out of sight, out of mind. Criminals can carry guns wherever they dang well please. Why shouldnt I? Im sure your fellow victims would be very grateful they didnt die that day because you had a pair.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    There are very few places where carry is not legally allowed.

Mere rules, policies, signs and such are only requests, not laws.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    It is easier to ask for forgiveness then to ask for permition. CCer is that don't ask don't tell. Protect you and your loveones.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Just avoid the places that can earn you a felony conviction if inadvertently discovered. You would have a far greater problems defending self and family after such an event. Also, advise you family not to ask, "Did you leave your gun in the car?" Not cool, that one!

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Can private establishments ask citizens to fully surrender other Constitutional Rights? I understand requesting that someone not cuss, and refrain from speaking loudly, but I think that would be more akin to asking that one limit their bullet size to .40 or below.

What about if a business (read: participant in interstate commerce) were to offer separate facilities for blacks and whites, or hang a sign that stated: "All Christians must surrender religious jewelry at the door?" It is almost inconceivable that we would see a warning posted reading "No Press Allowed."

When put in perspective, firearms bans really can't make sense.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I don't carry anywhere that would be considered illegal, and result in me receiving a felony for it. That being said, if an establishment posts a sign saying "No Guns", I will completely ignore it, and carry in their establishment anyway. If there is another establishment that offers the same services without trampling my rights, I will go there. :twocents:

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I don't carry anywhere that would be considered illegal, and result in me receiving a felony for it. That being said, if an establishment posts a sign saying "No Guns", I will completely ignore it, and carry in their establishment anyway. If there is another establishment that offers the same services without trampling my rights, I will go there. :twocents:

Do you also IGNORE "No Trespassing" and "No Hunting" signs on private property?

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington

I understand where you are coming from on this, I really do, but look at it from the other side... what would you do if there was a sign on the door of your favorite restaurant that stated "No Christians allowed"? it is the same thing.

if it discovered (cc'ing) they have every right to tell you to leave, no different than anything else.

Also, on the thoughts of private property... if you are running a biz, then you automatically give up some amount of your "private property" rights. think of it this way, would you let total strangers wander into your home and order you to cook them something? probably not, however if you have a restaurant that is exactly what you are doing.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Beware of what you post on the internet...

ar124036084414436.jpg

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I understand where you are coming from on this, I really do, but look at it from the other side... what would you do if there was a sign on the door of your favorite restaurant that stated "No Christians allowed"? it is the same thing.

if it discovered (cc'ing) they have every right to tell you to leave, no different than anything else.

If I saw a sign like that, I'll OC my cross and my bible. :D

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana

No I do not IGNORE these signs because they can result in arrest and possible jail time. When you ignore the "no guns allowed signs" at your favorite retail store, this is not against the law so there is no need to abide by them.

your statement are for two separate cases.:rockwoot:

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    No I do not IGNORE these signs because they can result in arrest and possible jail time. When you ignore the "no guns allowed signs" at your favorite retail store, this is not against the law so there is no need to abide by them.

your statement are for two separate cases.:rockwoot:

Not so. The FIRST time that you are caught trespassing or hunting on someones property you have to be warned first, then if you trespass or hunt AGAIN, you can face arrest or possible jail time.

If you carry in a store that posts "no guns allowed", are caught carrying and asked to leave, and come back doing it again anyway, then you COULD face possible arrest or jail time. That is because you would be TRESPASSING.

In Both instances you are violating the LEGAL desires of the property owner. Don't get me wrong, I wish it were not legal for ANYONE to infringe on your 2nd amendment rights, just like it is ILLEGAL to refuse to admit someone because of their religion or color. But until then, it seems the same people who scream the loudest about trespassers on their property, are the same ones who brag about trespassing on OTHER peoples property by not abiding by the property owners legal requests.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I have a "friend" who started CCing in church after the almost massacre at a church in Colorado a few years ago. It was the case where some dude shot up a youth group camp out and killed several people. He then headed for a church in another city and entered with a lot of fire power bent on a massacre. Only an armed lady security guard stood in his way and stopped him. (She wounded him then he offed himself.) My friend carries deep concealed and there isn't much chance of being detected. Since the church is attached to a school there may be some legal issues there but there are no children there on Sundays. Anyway better safe than laying there waiting for a shooter to get over to him and his wife hiding under a pew.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    then you automatically give up some amount of your "private property" rights.
    More like the state takes them away without cause or due process. But aside from allowing entrance based on the protected classes, the full compliment of private property rights still exist, and the property owner can request anyone to leave for any reason, previously mentioned exceptions notwithstanding.

Not so. The FIRST time that you are caught trespassing or hunting on someones property you have to be warned first, then if you trespass or hunt AGAIN, you can face arrest or possible jail time.
    You don't have to be warned. But in most instances, it is wise for the property owner to convey to the trespasser the direct request to quit the property immediately. However, there is no legal requirement to confront them to convey this either. If I had boatloads of property and knew someone was trespassing out in the back 40, I would just as likely call LE first and let them handle the miscreant rather than interject myself into a situation about which I know nothing (who the trespasser is, what his intentions are, etc). Besides, they pretty much have carte blanche permission to shoot on sight. I'd still be restricted by the "imminent threat" standard.

If you carry in a store that posts "no guns allowed", are caught carrying and asked to leave, and come back doing it again anyway, then you COULD face possible arrest or jail time. That is because you would be TRESPASSING.

Which is different than the simple act of carrying against the property owner's wishes, which in itself holds no legal teeth.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I know from personal experience, AND from the numerous posts on INGO, that LE WILL NOT arrest someone for trespassing without first warning them. The first time they are caught, they get off with a verbal warning. The same as when you are caught carrying in a store with a "no guns" sign. That being said, Why worry about "No trespassing" or "no hunting" signs because they hold "no legal teeth"?

Top Bottom