• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snavelybob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    He told me they were illegal, that I had to have fmj in my 1911 to carry legally, the Internet is packed full of conflicting facts on this topic.. Help me ingo brothers. I'm a ( gun toting) law abiding citizen..

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Hollow points are legal (and preferred) everywhere except New Jersey. In indiana, you have a license to carry a handgun, it does not specify that you have to carry concealed. On INGO it is oft referred to as simply a LTCH.

Snavelybob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    Man thank you for answering my question straight up.. It's too bad 2/3 of the people on this site want to ridicule and embarras people so they are afraid to post, and ask questions... That's why I'm the only one in my group of friends that still uses it ( this site)

19,000 posts how many people you ran off freeman.. How many you helped

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    On INGO it is oft referred to as simply a LTCH.

Or . . . a Larry.

No, I am still here. Did not run off.

VUPD's post is correct.

CCL implies that one has a license from another state or has just moved from another state. Seeking further info to base an intelligent answer upon.

If you are carrying in Indiana on an Indiana LTCH then there is no provision in Indiana that hollow points per se are illegal. However, they COULD be if you meet this definition under Indiana Code 35-47-5-11 if your ammunition were to have a metal core and an outer plastic coating.

Last edited:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Explain to your Dad that hollow points are designed to expand on impact and reduce the risk of over penetrating (going through the target / ricochet) and injuring a bystander. They also do much more damage to a bad guy and increase the odds that you'll be able to incapacitate the attacker.

Don't let these guys get under your skin. There is a lot of snark on this site, but most everyone means well.

I will vouch for Kirk Freeman too. He is generally an excellent resource.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Man thank you for answering my question straight up.. It's too bad 2/3 of the people on this site want to ridicule and embarras people so they are afraid to post, and ask questions... That's why I'm the only one in my group of friends that still uses it ( this site)

Actually, I've found Freeman's posts to be informative. Often he will not just answer the question, but provide the Indiana Code (IC).
    Cause anyone can claim this is right or wrong.
    But you have to back it up.

A question was asked about CCL because your father may be in a different state. Different state, different rules.
    And hollow points are illegal in New Jersey.
    My sister in law (known here as "silver") was shocked when she saw hollow points at Cabelas. Guess where her ideas of ammo came from.

A lot of the gun codes tend to be IC 35-47
    Indiana Code 35-47-1
    IC 35-47
    ARTICLE 47. WEAPONS AND INSTRUMENTS OF VIOLENCE

But you have to be careful, cause there are other parts of the code that may apply.

Google or Yahoo
    Indiana Code and then what you want to look for.
    That helps me.

Note: link for 35-47-1 is JUST for 35-47-1.
    there follows 35-47-2 and on and on.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

To be "ran off" by someone on an online forum, whether freeman or otherwise, is a little wimpy in my opinion. Whining about it is even wimpier. HTFU

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN

Those who post on INGO must wear thick skin :oldwise:

ps.. Just toss it back and enjoy the [STRIKE]food[/STRIKE] :poop: fight. :)

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Snave, sorry if I upset you.

I thought I had legit concerns about whether you were from out of state. Perhaps I was too direct. Upon reading everyone else, perhaps I should have elaborated my first response.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And Snavelybob, you should tell your friends they should search for knowledge. Their search for knowledge should not be put off so easily. Knowledge is power.

You obviously grasp that, you are still here.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Another use....

Hollow points allow you to put some bacon bits in them and seal the opening with wax You can prevent terrorists from getting the 72 Virgins if you ever get into a gunfight with them...........

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Not nearly as bad as guys that post about something happening, more at 9 PM.
    (No, not you LAN).

Another use....

Hollow points allow you to put some bacon bits in them and seal the opening with wax You can prevent terrorists from getting the 72 Virgins if you ever get into a gunfight with them...........

That's the guy.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    My riddles are intellectual calisthenics and fun to boot.

Anywho, snave, tell your dad as long as you are not in New Jersey or your ammo does not have a metal core and a outer plastic coating you are breaking no law.

"Well, dad, that's a valid concern if I go to New Jersey, but I just don't like Chris Christie.":laugh:

Top Bottom