• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Does anyone know if the rules have changed for the new airport regarding citizens with a valid LTCH entering the non secure areas of the terminal? I have to travel in and out of the airport in my work and there was never a problem at the old terminal but no one I have asked seems to know the regs for the new airport. I have not found any info on this at the new airport's website. Anybody know?

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    all the airport did was move the rules havent changed... ive been working out there for the past year and have been asking many questions. their main concern is how close you can get to the tower

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    so what's the deal with the new airport? I drove by on my way to work this morning and it looks nice. is it for domestic flights, and the old one for international? or how does that work? Is the old one going away completely?

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    New one has one international gate, cant remember the number, but when you go in the front door, it is the last gate down the right hand concorse. They havn't decided what is happening with the old terminal, but no plans on demo right now.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    the old airport is being shut down according to the head honcho of the whole project there, he is up our ass cause we do the parking, and no one can park if our stuff isnt working right. its the same aiport just updated and moved and more accessable and the traffic flows alot better. when you drive through there i was the one who put in all the gates that block the lanes, and the machines you have to take the ticket out of.

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    I am not a lawyer, but in order to "change the rules" wouldn't state law have to change, since state law only prohibits carry in the "sterile" areas of an airport?

baune

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    North side of Indy
    I'm pretty sure the rules for carrying haven't changed, same as old. As far as the old terminal goes, don't be surprised if you see Fedex expanding operations here in Indy. Turning the old terminal into office/sort facilities, many more flights in and out of IND, and possibly a third parrallel runway popping up soon.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    New one has one international gate, cant remember the number, but when you go in the front door, it is the last gate down the right hand concorse. They havn't decided what is happening with the old terminal, but no plans on demo right now.

They won't demo it, we've (fedex) has been talking about buying a large part of it for 2 years now... but the economy is putting a hold on that, especially since we've just bought over a dozen 777's...those babies aren't cheap.

Top Bottom