• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mpd

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Westfield
    I am looking to take a CCW course. Anyone have suggestions who to take course from in the indianapolis area (not afraid to travel outside of the indy area for good instructor)?

I don't want a "basic" shooting course. I am looking for a course that will allow me to use my IWB holster and practice drawing.

Thank you!

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Since I am not doing one in the area, the suggestion above would be a good runner up.;) JK, Coach is a very good teacher and the class he is talking about looks very promising. ACT are also frequent contributors here and would be another excellent choice if they have what you are looking for on their schedule.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    "CCW" could cover a wide range of knowledge and skills. Are you wanting to work specifically on gun handling and marksmanship? Or are you interested in methods of carry, equpiment, dealing with confrontations, decision making, legal aspects of defense, firearm retention, contact distance encounters, etc? I would say all of these are "CCW" skills and knowledge.

You'll likely have to take multiple training classes to get all of the pieces I've mentioned above. For gun handling and holster work, Coach would be a good option.

mpd

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Westfield
    Took a course with coach... it was great highly suggest taking one with him. Learned a lot and more importantly had plenty of practice.

Top Bottom